Proof of a Kingdom Hall being sold to a church!

by Sittingstraight1212 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My hall in West Hobart was sold to a Bridge club.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Lol a bridge club! That's funny! I've never actually seen a hall sold. I live in an area with a huge influx people moving in from all over the country so they've had to build new halls for all the jws moving in from interstate and of course their kids who stay in the cult. That means however that khs in other parts of the country like Hobart are selling up and closing down...

• factfinder
    factfinder

Back in the 80's the Neptune, NJ KH was sold to a church when the new double kh was built.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I'm sure that Coftys old hall used to be a church. The local KH in London was a church.

A congregation in Edinburgh sold their hall to a tai chi centre or something similar.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

My old hall used to be a chapel.

• Roddy
    Roddy

It's just a business transaction.

• erbie
    erbie

Its when they start selling them back to themselves that we need to start worrying...

Or not...

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

My old KH was a church when they bought it (can't remember which one) and they sold it to another religious group years later...

• smiddy
    smiddy

The witnesses organization can sell a KH to a church of babylon the the great for profit ,but a rank and file member who is self employed cannot do work in or on christendoms churches without being subjected to a judicial committee and faced with sanctions or disfellowshipping if he/she continued to do so .Hypocrites.

smiddy

• Splash
    Splash

-- w99 3/15 p. 24 Building on Pagan Foundation

AMONG the many impressive monuments that are visited by tourists to Rome, Italy, is the Pantheon. The Pantheon was originally a pagan temple, a "place for all gods," which is the meaning of the original Greek word. Today, it is still considered a Roman Catholic church.

It ought to be obvious, however, that changing the dedication of a temple or the name of a celebration is not sufficient to transform the ‘worship of devils into the service of the true God.’ "What agreement does God’s temple have with idols?" asked the apostle Paul. "‘Get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’

Basically saying that once a building is dedicated, it can never be re-dedicated to another use, especially religiously.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit