Proof of a Kingdom Hall being sold to a church!

by Sittingstraight1212 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

The building we used about 25 years ago in my last congregation was no longer safe to be used as a KH... so they said. So plans were made to build a new hall... and then they sold the old hall... to a Baptist Church!!!

Up until today it's still used as a church, so the whole 'it's not safe anymore' was a scheme to get us to approve and pay for a new hall.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

One of the halls I attended as a youngster was bought from a church and converted into a KH and the baptism pool was filled with old Watchtowers and Awakes then a stage was built over it. ( was told this by an elder) and then years later it was sold to another church.

Not sure if they ever found the stash.

NJY

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

I guess I was beside myself, first having to give up jobs I had that were linked to a church, then we can't go into a church, and then finding out about the New Zealand bethel selling to a church. I then called NY, and of course the Elder I talked to had no idea what I was talking about . My friend refused to go to her daughters wedding held in a church. I have to live in secret about going to a house church, cause I'm a fader ! There might be rules and by-laws of how the permit is for each town and yes it a business transaction. But keep your nose out of my business WTBS!

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

A KH here in Michigan built in the 1960s (a nice one with windows) was at first sold to a animal vet. Two years ago it was resold to a Michigan Marijuana group and is now a very active Marijuana Compassion Club. The best religion ever!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

SFPW,

Too bad. No one said that refusing the mark of the beast would be easy. Much like you excuse your postings here, the WTBTS excuse their behaviors. A real Christian would consider the monetary loss as a sacrifice to God, knowing that they would have another congregation someday, if it was God's will. They would not dirty their hands to comply with Caesar's laws when it suited them financially. They would consider it a badge of honor to be persecuted for doing what was right in God's eyes.

DD

• steve2
    steve2

That's nothing...my old kingdom hall was sold to a nudist club who insisted on inspecting it in the nude during the Watchtower study. Nah, just kidding... if only

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes this happens. We dedicate the KH to Jehovah, and then we take it back for the money and sell it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My two favorites are the Assembly Hall on the shores of Devil's Lake, a former dance hall, and the Stanley Theatre.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wasn't there a couple of scriptures about keeping things, "devoted to destruction?" Sounds oddly familiar..

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I know a hall I once went to got sold to a church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit