just when you think you've made friends with a "normal" person

by Hortensia 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Rode over to the farmer's market with a couple of neighbors, nice women, seem sensible. The driver stopped in the middle of a block and stared at the coca-cola truck that was parked there. She said, "do you see the round tower? They're all over Europe but I've only ever seen two in the U.S. One in the south and one in Arizona." Then she drove on. Well, I didn't see anything except the coke truck, so I asked her about it. She said the gypsies build them, they use them to escape when someone is chasing them. They step through the door of the tower and enter another dimension. Then no one can find them. She has never tried it, she likes this dimension well enough, thank you. She'd like to be sure of where she was going to come out before going through the door. Oh, by the way, the governments in Europe have banded together to destroy these towers wherever they find them, to prevent gypsies from escaping justice.

I just said, "how interesting." It's a reminder that our little town is full of sensible-looking people who believe in Telos and Lemurians and spirit guides and chemtrails, and now -- gypsy towers that are gateways to another dimension.

I'm surrounded! Today I said I wished we had an atheist group in town. Unfortunately, you can't herd atheists into a group. It's like herding cats. They are too diverse. So those of us who are, why we just look at each other during conversations like this and raise an eyebrow.

I got some tomatillos and butternut squash at the farmer's market, in case you were wondering. I ate some Vietnamese spring rolls, and bought some local starflower honey.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

open mind and mrs. open mind -- just a little anecdote about my neighbors! I thought you might enjoy it.

• cofty
    cofty

I nearly choked on my tea!

Gypsy towers and extra dimensions. I thought it had heard it all. Thanks for the laugh.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I never heard of this before! Thanks for sharing it.

Perhaps its best to NOT know what some people believe!

• designs
    designs

Gypsy towers, damn that explains so much

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hortensia, lol... Girl... You are funnin ' me right???

LoisLane

PS In an hour, I am stepping out, with worldly™ folk. Gosh darn you, Hortensia! This evening, I will be listening and paying attention to see if the worldly™ folk over here, have anything strange to say. lol

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

And I thought MY neighbors were weird.....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No, Lois, they were very serious. Fortunately I was eating my spring rolls and didn't have to say much.

Well, 3rdgen, I think I have the weirdest neighbors possible, at least in the woowoo world. At least they are not as crazy as the religious right.

• stillin
    stillin

This is a hoot! Stay in touch with these normal people!

keep us a breast.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I had an uncle (actually my aunt's husband) who believed that "the elite" knew of 'secret passages' to 'another layer' beneath the earth's surface - not just a system of underground dwellings but a whole other 'surface' like the one we're on. I believe he got the idea from Nexus magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit