just when you think you've made friends with a "normal" person

by Hortensia 47 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

I am trying very hard to make some worldy-friends but I have the "eagle-eye" husband who ask's me "where you been" if I am twenty minutes off schedule. What's the big deal if I am early or late, he's on the TV most of the night while I try to read JWN or do some Bible reading and Discovery Institute for learning. Sisters hiding must be careful, in the process of making friends with a Scientologist trying to evade their radar and a nice born-again Christian (through JWN, I learned we all most be born-again Christians or we are not saved).

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I have a perfectly normal rational friend frrom the Caribbean. One day while we were talking he told me that if you find a hag's skin during the night, you have to salt it so it shrinks and she can't get back in it in the morning to "hide".

Just popped out with it. Perfectly straight face. As serious as you can be.

You never know what is goin' on in someone's head.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i know of a crack pot religion who believe an invisible giant guy in the sky made the very first man--then made him a partner by using one of his ribs as a starting point. and from these 2 all of us descend from.

all perfectly understandable so far.

now--heres the real killer-----

this same barmy army believe this same invisible sky daddy is going to destroy everybody on the planet---VERY soon now. except these chosen few--of course.

i mean ---how stupid can you get--??--everyone knows the earth is flat---so--how is the sky daddy going to get at those underneath?

• laverite
    laverite

Hortens,

She sounds interesting, and fun to hang around! A lot more fun than your average, dull as dishwater person who complains regularly of being bored. At least she has towers and gypsies to busy herself.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I had a friend at work that claimed to see dead people . She swore her husband could see them too . She also told me that my critical attitude toward the spirit realm is what makes it so hard for the spirits to come through ..... Soooo if you DON'T see dead people it is me you should thank !

Another woman I work with told me hummingbirds ride on the backs of geese during migration ......that's the only way those tiny little birds can go so far away

I love my cat ....

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Careful! Those Bahn Mi Vietnamese rolls also contain a chemical that attracts warlocks from the planet Poopmocnin, that many people to day mistake for your normal run of the mill chupa cabra.

You are doomed Hortensia!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! So when Gypsies re-surfaced my driveway and did a crappy job, that's why I couldn't find them?! Did she see a tower that did not really exist? You say that she was looking at a Coke truck, or building, was there a picture of a tower? Weird...

You know what? There are no "normal" people. We are all crazy. It comes down to what brand of crazy works for you. I just look for ones with a good heart. If they accept you, and love you, then who cares if they believe in Lemuria or think that Tarzan is still alive in Pellucidar. Maybe Mt. Shasta really is mystical? What do I know?

DD

• Decided
    Decided

Where my wife worked there was a man who could leave his body and go other places. He proved it to some others by telling them what they talked about in their home at a certain time. He quit doing it because the last time he did he had a hard time getting back in his body. The people there believed he could do it when he told them what they were doing and saying in other places where he wasn't at.

Ken P.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Decided, you would fit in here really well. People here believe anything, you could say the craziest thing you can think of and someone will believe it, make up stories about and start a group dedicated to it.

I did it as a joke in the last place I lived before I moved here -- Desert Hot Springs. I started saying there were vortices in DHS, only "they" won't tell you where they are. I never had to identify "they" and people believed me. Before long, maybe three months, some guy was offering "vortex tours" in DHS with some tame Native American being the "shaman" who knew where they were. The stories grew from there -- most of which could be debunked by just reading about the history of local aboriginals who actually lived over closer to the mountains in the Indian canyons, and not in DHS at all.

• Simon
    Simon

Wait, so the series 'sliders' was really aout gypsies? What?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit