just when you think you've made friends with a "normal" person

by Hortensia 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Does your town house a lot of people with mental illness? I ask because Iived in a town that attracted a lot of marginal types once. Rural towns around here attract some 'unique' people.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have been all over and met all kinds of people. Even real Roma-and I gotta say, that's a new one on me!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Is the entrance to the Torchwood Institute a 'gypsy tower'?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

She sounds like a few folks from the neighboring KH Congregations (as well as the one I attended) while growing up.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Isn't Gypsy Tower Walkthrough a video game ?

• Violia
    Violia

Hortensia , you and aunt Connie are such a delight. I wish there was another dimension I could escape to also. It is comforting I guess to believe in this shat b/c life I guess is either too boring or too scary.

I once heard the guy from Logically Critical say he thought folks must find real life boring so they invent fairies etc. Take a listen to some of his episodes. They are stored on his site. He is not actively making new episodes but generously leaves them up for anyone to listen to or download.

http://www.logicallycritical.net/Welcome.html

just click on the episodes link.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Nice to see that Coca Cola is supporting our Gypsy friends with a portal to another dimension. Things go better with Coke!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Hortensia,

Normal is only a setting on a dryer.

zed

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Zed I love that.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

zed, I love that too.

No I don't live in a town with more than the normal amount of mentally ill people. I live in a town that is considered to be "spiritual" by many different groups of true believers, because it's on Mount Shasta. So we have vortex tours, and meditations in high meadows, and people posing on rocks and talking to the Lemurians and so on. Funny thing is that the county is red-neck Tea Party Republicans who want to secede from the U.S., but this little town is all believers in fairies and angels and 10-foot-high spirit guides and tiny Lemurians and invisible cities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit