Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

by Watchtower-Free 223 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Adamah... I dismiss the claim because I know it is not true. You already know how I know. But I would prefer to refute the evidence for others, which is why I went looking for it.

I'm not going to argue about the merits of it, lol.

This is just the hype. When the claims come out, we can argue then ; )

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

It would make no difference to you Tammy. Your Jesus is 100% a work of your own imagination.

• Laika
    Laika

Whatever happened to mP? Did he get banned?

• adamah
    adamah

Doh! It didn't look right, but it's too late now to go in and fix it:

Adam (above) said-

In fact, the author (Reza Aslan) clarified in the book that he wasn't referring to the later Christian cult Jewish sect which was known as 'Zealots'

More info on the Zealots (another sect steeped in Judaism, besides Christianity) found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealotry

Found a trailer on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUPoLMW6dNM#t=165

As stated, the idea is not new: it's been presented in many books before. But they've got some big names on board (eg Robert Eisenman analyzed the Dead Sea Scrolls).

Adam

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Here is an interview with Atwell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdAJl-6bLTY

Take a look at the suggestions next to it, other similiar interviews and subjects. W.Once

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But if Jesus was invented, .....

.....then whatever Joseph Smith was told by the angel Moroni was a lie, whatever was revealed to the faithful and discreet slave of Jehovah's Witnesses is fabricated.

.....then the Christ that speaks to the likes of TEC was invented also, either as a lie or a break from reality.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Perry will be here soon to "prove" you wong

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Oh no !!! ........ just like every other ancient mythological character ever created by man throughout human history ???

• DJS
    DJS

Reverend Tammy,

It doesn't matter what facts, evidence or emperical data is presented on this site, you are going to believe what you believe. And that is fine. But your entry into these discussions is simply one more comment that I don't have to read but that lengthens my stay by requiring me to scan through screen clutter and chaff before i get to the analytical intelligence nuggets. Ithink I will start a drinking game where I will take a shot each time Cofty follows one of your posts with a comment about your imaginary creatures. Hey Team. Anyone wannna join me?

I don't know a thing about this book but wouldn't dis it without learning more about it. You make a habit out of such. Back, back, back to the cave (of course that will only require turning around and taking one very small step).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mmm it doesn't sound well documented to me.

Richard Carrier makes a far, far better case for a mythical Christ in my view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit