Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

by Watchtower-Free 223 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's interesting I never saw that forum before. Does Shelby not post here any more?

Cofty sees and hears things too. He just calls what he hears and sees "reality" and what believers see and hear delusions.

• cofty
    cofty

Cofty sees and hears things too. He just calls what he hears and sees "reality" and what believers see and hear delusions.

Well done, you're learning.

• cofty
    cofty

do you still think it is absurd to say there is no such yhing as a hidyorical fsct

On at least one level yes. I couldn't say "there is no such thing as a hidyorical fsct" without sounding absurd.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There are no historical facts, only historical interpretations.

I am reading Tropics of Discourse at the moment!

• adamah
    adamah

Friendaroonie-

8- even video and audio recordings do not settle what is the whole truth and what is a lie. Your example of 9/11 wss perfect to illustrate my point because we have nothing close to a voncensus on what acyually happened thst day. There might be some details that can be established and some conclusions drawn bbut the interpretation of those events are all over the map.

Please tell me you're not the resident 9/11 truther conspiracy hypothesist....

I made TWO carefully-worded statements:

So it's not a historical fact that Islamic extremists flew two hijacked planes into the WTC on 9/11/2001?

Or the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on Dec 7, 1941?

Do you deny either or both of those as statements of historical fact?

If you accept ONLY ONE of those statements as true, then your claim of "no historical facts existing" is FALSE.

Adam

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One of the flaws I see in his reasoning is the claim that they made up this story to try to put down the Jewish movement or spread of it. I don't remember anywhere in my study of history the spread of Jewish religion or their rebellion. It was put down by the Romans at cost yes but fear of spreading or growing so we must make up a story, I don't think so. Also if this was a strategy then why did so many Roman rulers then kill peace loving Christians.

• adamah
    adamah

FWIW, here's a review from a few years ago on Atwill's prior book (Caesar's Messiah), by Robert Price:

http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/rev_atwill.htm

Adam

• suavojr
    suavojr

It is an interesting video but it just leaves us with the same, too many questions and just another theory.

• jam
    jam

If Jesus was the son of God with this life saving massage why

did it take so long to reach the rest of the world like North

America. For over 300 years in Asia and Africa, what about

the folks in north and south America. So the poor people had to

wait 1000-1200 years before God spoke to them or maybe they

weren't worthy or just sh---t out of luck.

Generations died without ever hearing of the Messiah.

Come on God, announce to the world that your son have arrived.

That is not hard for you to do. Have one of your angels blow his

trumpet and announce he have arrived, why make it a secret

to the majority of mankind. Why leave any doubt that such an

important being your son came to earth.

That is why I believe it was a local thing, invented by the Jews.

• kassad84
    kassad84

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. - John 14:11

Is what Jesus was doing right or wrong? That's the only question. If what he was doing was right, you can agree with him and join him in what he started, if not, then don't.

Even if Jesus was just a normal Jewish man in the 1CE, no one can argue that he was one of the most noble man who ever lived.

Its hard to invent things like these, a Jewish prophet talking to women, Samaritans, and Greeks, showing respect for them like he would his own kin, things like these Jews will hardly ever imagine inventing. Their hate for these people will prevent them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit