BUM WITNESSES

by The Searcher 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

I don't think anyone meant to be judgmental, I certainly didn't. I just thought it would be a good idea to clear up the misunderstanding about where the word "bum" was used.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Didn't they change Jesus riding into Jerusalem on an ASS because that means a bottom/ arsehole/ bum.

Never mind that a DONKEY and an ASS are different animals: At least we can now prove the NWT is NOT the best translation in the world.

WHO in god's name would think that jesus rode into Jerusalem on an anal sphinctre, other than the gibbering buddies??

• Violia
    Violia

Fading, that is OK. We should be careful. This is one of the biggest Xjws sites around and many folks who do not even post here will come to check on the latest info from the Borg. We have lots of lurkers . The wts is awful enough without misquoting them.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I am with Tenyearsafter on the 1975 stuff.

I lived through those days. My Sister remembers the book study conductor saying "it's only so many years / months till the end in 1975.

What about the "Stay alive until 75" talks? The COs hammering it at A$$emblies.

A Kingdumb Misery actually gave a sample presentation, telling the publisher to "HIGHLIGHT 1975 AS A CRUCIAL YEAR."

Other suggested presentations gave answers we should feed to elderly people we spoke to in reply to "not in my lifetime" - how right they were!!

1975 deniars are LIARS!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The Watchtower translation committee can kiss my ASS...err...I mean BUM!

• cedars
    cedars

I can confirm that the term "bum witness" was never used. The word "bum" was only used harmlessly in an Anthony Morris illustration.

Cedars

• Masterji
    Masterji

The word "none" was used.

Masterji

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

I assumed that the term used and put in quotes by the blogger "bum" was his own euphemism summing up the thought relayed by the speaker.

• caliber
    caliber

The word "none" was used.

"none witness "as opposed to "bum witness" ?

No I said "numb skull" not "bum skull"

• Masterji
    Masterji

caliber

Yes.

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit