BUM WITNESSES

by The Searcher 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Can anyone save me the stress of listening to the self-appointed Faithful & Discreet Slave for 3 hours, and give a clue as to roughly at what point in the proceedings was the derogatory term 'bum Witnesses used, and by whom? I'd really love to extract that comment and send it to a weakening Witness, to highlight the judgmental arrogance and name-calling being displayed.

Many thanks in advance folks!

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Very interesting. To be clear Searcher, you are saying a speaker at the AGM used the phrase BUM WITNESSES.

Let me know if I missed the point

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its been recently realized that there have been many long time JWs now taking to the streets advertising complaints concerning

their involvement with the WTS.

• The Searcher
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ 70wksfyrs

That's what I read on one of the attendee's running blogs.

I just wanted audio confirmation from the downloads supplied.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

It was Bro. Loesch during the WT summary. I don't recall him using those exact words, but that was definitely his point.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

9:26am Sanderson's talk ends. Guy Pierce introduces the Watchtower summary. Brother Louche conducts.

9:40 am They are asking people to open up their homes for field service groups. This is during the watchtower study. Louche is using the word tithe a lot. Giving your time and money is a tithe.

"We should limit our commercial interests, otherwise we might become materialistic." – Louche

God's will to be completed by the end of the millennium. Very casually said by Louche.

We may have to chase away lucrative business offers that distract us from full time service.

It's good for us not to have association with relatives who love worldly pursuits. Are our children acting worldly? Using worldly slang? Actively STEER children toward baptism. What are your children's conversations like? Can they song worldly songs by heart but not kingdom songs? Do I permit my children to play with worldly children? Do they talk only about kingdom interests?

Help your teenagers stay separate from the world and remain holy. You don't want them to marry outside The Lord when they grow up.

Try to reach their heart. Teach them to be DIFFERENT from Satan's world. What children need is time and more time and more time. If you love your children you will make time to talk to them about the truth.

As an elder, Approving of marrying outside The Lord is a serious matter.

Ultimately it is your child's decision, but you should try to talk them out of it.

From infancy your children need to be helped to have a relationship with Jehovah.

Paul did NOT mean to test the faith as in test the religion. We KNOW we have the true religion already

Do not have association with "bum" witnesses.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This guy fits the description...

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

God's will to be completed by the end of the millennium

Ah man, I didn't want to have to wait that long :(

• steve2
    steve2

Be careful with quoting the allegedly audio-recorded word. Already listeners are saying the exact phrase was never used - but something similar. If that's the case, what was the something similar?? In any other context, this scrambling for quotable quotes would appear desperate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit