The Smoke and Mirrors of the Annual Meeting

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• latinthunder
    latinthunder

I wouldn't be surprised if it is more a matter of them reworking the translation so that it says what they want it to say.

I agree, but the "official explanation" really puts the old NWT in a bad light. They are saying it was flawed, not in content, but in general readability. Why can't Jehovah just get it right the first time? What an odd religion.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Why can't Jehovah just get it right the first time?

If it takes Jehovah 1500+ years to get the only book that will lead mankind to salvation right, a hundred years of messianic-kingdom-thumb-twiddling is nuthin'!

• DNCall
    DNCall

I believe the stage is being set for doctrinal and/or organizational "refinements" along the lines of those that were made following the completion of the NWT. The elder arrangement, the "superior authorities" and other changes were introduced either after the completion or after revisions of the NWT. Drastic changes are more palatable if they come about as the result of the more intense examination of the bible involved in translating it. As far as what those changes might be, my guess is that JWN has probably made more intelligent speculation than what "God's spirit-directed organization" will actually come up with. Stay tuned.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey DNCall! I hope things are going well with y'all.

Well, their previous "refinements" involved reducing the lengths of the meetings, reducing the quatities and sizes of their publications, and producing an outstandingly blah songbook. Time now for a dumbed down NWT to clarify that "those urinating against the wall" means "men." Given that their "refinement" at the Annual Meeting last year was all about giving greater importance to the GB, I think we can expect that trend to continue. They seem to have mentioned it during that meeting that the GB was very involved in this "translation"... although none of them are scholars in any way, shape, or form.

It's all about rearranging the deck chairs on the WT Titanic.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And the entire Annual Meeting with the release of the Zombie Grey NWT is just a distraction from a truly important event this month...

My Birthday!

• Mandette
    Mandette

I'm coming into this late, and maybe this has already been mentioned in another thread. If so, I apologize. But is the reason that no one has been able to get the NWT at all?

In my area(Michigan) I've been told by a friend that it's impossible to get bibles from the local congregations. So a rework of it is why? Have to change all the bad information AGAIN.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Billy, thanks for sharing- as always your posts are quite refreshing.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Have to change all the bad information AGAIN."

I think the local congregation ran out of Bibles a year ago. My folks were disappointed that nothing was released at the DC.

For Watchtower, changing the Bible is no more significant than changing their songbook. It's about whatever promotes the interests of the GB.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Thanks, Billy. It's fun to watch the unravelling, if only from a distance.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The Latter Day Saints have their book of Mormon

The witnesses now have their Alien Grey ( out of this world ) bible

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit