The Smoke and Mirrors of the Annual Meeting

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife is going to that annual meeting tomorrow. Appears that they can only go by invitation and she seems real excited. So it appears that they are getting a new word from the vatican. That was what I said at least.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Somehow this turn of events (big news: a new Bible translation) reminds me of Luke 11:11:

If a son asks for bread [a] from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

JW's have been promised, teased, double-shuffled, bait-and-switched, short-shrifted, and wedgied for a hundred years. Now this - the GB/WTS knows what the average witness wants - Armageddon! Yes, no? When? In my lifetime? My kids' lifetimes? Will there ever be a pay-off for my service? Or is this just a big shell game with me getting the donkey-ears?

And what do they get after all the foreplay and being brought to a state of quivering anticipation? A new Bible translation? And they are supposed to be thrilled with this? It is like saying, "We have a lot more work to do. Just when you thought it was time to savor the results of your labors, it is time to double-down on the preaching work. And, BTW, there is no news or new light - just a re-hash of oldest stuff imaginable - the Bible itself."

I hope there are some JWs who will walk out in disgust because they have been treated like cattle. Stupid cattle at that.

(I guess that's redundant.)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"the GB/WTS knows what the average witness wants - Armageddon! Yes, no? When? In my lifetime? My kids' lifetimes? Will there ever be a pay-off for my service? Or is this just a big shell game with me getting the donkey-ears?"

The goalpost has been moved so far away that it wasn't worth mentioning.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

All scenery-chewing aside, I see this as very sad. Nice people are being manipulated and massaged out of their very lives by uncaring charletans. I guess that's old news - but I hope that everytime this blatant arse f--king occurs, a few more victims find the strength to walk away. New translation my Aunt Fanny.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Billy: 'I'm so grateful to those Internet-posting attendees for their reports. I got juicy details from this meeting without putting on pants.'

Yah, I'm thinking that WT's GB would rather have the 'evil slave' who they say now is a 'hypothetical condition' to deal with rather than the clan here on JWN.

Forums like this one are going to prove to be a real thorn in their side in the days, months and years to come; more so than any 'evil slave' could ever be.

WT, be afraid.....be really afraid!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks for the thread Billy. Great summation and very interesting point re the Swiss branch.

• processor
    processor

I agree, but the "official explanation" really puts the old NWT in a bad light. They are saying it was flawed, not in content, but in general readability.

Nooo .. people are simply more stupid nowadays. Previously, the old translation was "an accurate, easy-to-read translation of the Bible" (w08 6/15 p15). Back then, this was "present truth".

It was just during the year 2013 that people became so stupid that they can't read it anymore.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Funny, I seem to recall that they always argued in the past that NWT was the `easiest to read` and that it was proof positive of jesus' backing. I think this is going to be received well at first by the RF but then they are going to see it for what it really is. It will be similair to how things went down with that aweful songbook they released last. The writing dept. has gone downhill faster than an avalanche.

• 5go
    5go

Read my sumary but a sumary of my sumary is the it was a Political pep rally and a Product roll out rolled into one fake video conference which will proablly be back next year for what ever release they have planned then.

• laverite
    laverite

Billy, you wrote: " After a rather stressful week, this has been a valuable reminder that I've made the right decision to get far away from WT."

Was this ever in doubt this week? Hope you are ok, man. There's NO question whatsoever that getting out of the WT Corporation was the right thing to do. It's hard to believe you could or would doubt this at this point which leads me to think that I probably misinterpreted what you wrote though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit