AGM Release: The New, Improved New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

by Oubliette 67 Replies latest social humour

• Comatose
    Comatose

OMG Obuillete. The Chinese one is solid gold!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Oub, You be killing me!!!!

• zound
    zound

Haha, nice work. Can someone who has the bible post the forward to see what the windbags actually said? (I'm sure it's not too far from the parody)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oub , I LOVE IT !!! lol lol lol

LoisLane

• Mary
    Mary

OMG, that was hilarious!

My sister went to the um 'special meeting' on Saturday. I guess only those who have been duped---I mean dunked, could attend and no kids were allowed either. I guess you had to leave them with worldly people for the day.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

- Stand for Pure Worship: hmph, laugh now God-haters.

Au contraire, we hate those that put themselves in the place of God: The Governing Body!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

That light gray is so ugly. What a terrible choice for a book cover. It really puts the "bore" in BORING!

It was mentioned by more than one speaker/interviewee that Christendom expects that bibles should have BLACK covers in order to be legit. I suspect this is just one more way the Org tries to "separate itself from Christendom". Same reason they refer to it as a "Bible" but insist on imprinting the covers with "Holy Scriptures" instead of "Holy Bible".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah they started out with that freakish green colour in 1961, but eventually produced black Bibles. They'll probably do so again.

• blondie
    blondie

I didn't hear but are these bibles hard-cover? I can see jws having their bibles rebound...if only that they last longer in field service

• blondie
    blondie

No children, Mary....babysitters, flip a coin and the winners stay home with the kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit