AGM Release: The New, Improved New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

by Oubliette 67 Replies latest social humour

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

SFPW, I guess you couldn't see the humor in Life of Brian either.

• steve2
    steve2

hmph, laugh now God-haters.

Hmmmm, evidently not hateful enough to put you off posting here in disregard of your GB's warnings. Or are you more of an authority of what you can expose yourself to in defiance of your own GB?

In that regard, you would be perceived by your JW brothers and sisters to be no different than the so-called God-haters you love to taunt. Join the club, man.

• laverite
    laverite

Oubliette - I agree! The light gray is UGLY. What WERE they thinking?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Grey is the new (Seasick) Green. In fact, I have to be fair, it is a small improvement on the 1960's green.

Don't be too hard on SFPW folks, at least he/she has the courage to post here for what he/she sees is as being right, although I am confused as to exactly what that might be, perhaps you could tell us more SFPW ?

What exactly is Pure Worship for example ?

On another thread , obviously.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Have to admit, I wasn't a fan of the gray cover either, but it's growing on me. More important though, is the content. It goes without saying that the NWT was already the most accurate Bible available in modern times, and now it's content is even more precise and more readable to boot.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hurrah, hail the theocracy ever decreasing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

SFPW, I have to ask, are you taking the piss ?

The NWT was never accurate by any measure. More precise ? Proof please. More readable ? it could hardly be worse.

To boot is a good idea.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

With a grey bible they will notice at once who is a true cult member and who is not by the color of their bilble. Totally ADD

• steve2
    steve2

at least he/she has the courage to post here

Fair enough; I'm always willing to tone down my responses and acknowledge the presence of admirable human qualities that may not be observable to the naked eye.

But I would also suggest it does not require much courage at all to snipe anonymously from the sidelines. In fact, I think it would take far more courage for a troll to admit that s/he is deliberately occupying "no man's land": Being seen as sneaky and hypocritical by both witnesses and ex-witnesses alike.

• processor
    processor

The NWT was never accurate by any measure

It is the only translation that complies with the Holy Watchtower. Other translations don't so they can't be accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit