AGM Release: The New, Improved New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

by Oubliette 67 Replies latest social humour

• Glander
    Glander

I may have missed a post or two about the NWT bible.

Was there a suggested contribution, aka, price?

• caliber
    caliber

I didn't hear but are these bibles hard-cover? I can see jws having their bibles rebound...if only that they last longer in field service

These new grays are like "sister proof " already

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

STANDS FOR TRUE WORSHIP,

I think some people including myself have tried to engage you respectfully. I am not disfellowshipped nor reproved so there is certainly no reason for you to not discuss anything with me according to your spiritual leaders perspective.

So maybe its time to actually make a "stand". As far as your name sake, all you've done is call people "god-haters", saying to "laugh now" and other such ilk. Its not so much a "stand" as it is kind of a drunk toss from the couch for truth.

So why not actually introduce yourself. Tell us why you are here against the rules of the organization. We certainly welcome you, and won't jdge you for just commenting on some website. After all that would just be kind of a crazy thing to do don't you think?

P.S. - Am I the only one here that kind of likes the grey?

• Glander
    Glander

Is it 'grey' or 'gray' ?

Hardcover or soft?

How much $?

• caliber
    caliber

Gray is the American "english" way of spelling
    and Grey is the Birtish "english" way of spelling.

The book "Fifty Shades of Grey " is a surname but of course carries a double mean here .

flavor and flavour, color and colour , check and cheque are other examples where Americans differ from rest of the English world

Thanks to William the conquer the language of the British Isles nearly doubled in size ... the common folk spoke Anglo- Saxon

The ruling french class spoke French for the most part of two century's or so until a blending of the two languages

A great number of words of French origin have entered the English language to the extent that many Latin words have come to the English language.

The majority of the population of England continued to use their Anglo-Saxon language but it was influenced by the language of the ruling elite, resulting in doublets. Consider for example the words for the meats eaten by the Anglo-Norman nobility and the corresponding animals grown by the Anglo-Saxon peasants: beef / ox, mutton / sheep, veal / calf, pork / pig, or pairs of words

Although French is mainly from Latin (which accounts for about 60% of English vocabulary either directly or via a Romance language), it also includes words from Gaulish and Germanic languages (especially Old Frankish). Since English is of Germanic origin, words that have entered English from the Germanic elements

Since william the conquer held military power as the two languages converged most all military terms are French

lieutenant
    colonel
    guerrilla
    ambush

rendezvous
    manoeuvre
    corvette
    beret
    fusillade

• caliber
    caliber

Canada uses British spellings of words. however accents are a different story.. one factor...

The Canadian/American similarity has historical roots. When the Americans had their Revolution, about 40 percent of people stayed loyal to the Crown. They ended up coming to Canada as United Empire Loyalists. There were large numbers of them, and they would have certainly influenced the accent(s) in Canada.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Wow how funny is this LOL!

I love the APOSTA SEA and the DISFELLOW SHIP on the maps. Well doone for giving us a laugh-Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Oh I was the last one to post on it. I guess the cow is dead and it's not funny anymore. Anyway bumped cos I said I would - Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit