Recording meeting

by Fading Begins 217 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This is awesome to read....but rather anti climatic as many had expected.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I was hoping for a Steve Jobs "one last thing..." at the very end."

You mean something like, "One last thing... Armageddon will occur within the next 8 months, so there was no point bothering with new Bibles of a construction project at Warwick!"?

• cofty
    cofty

So it was a total anti-climax then?

"Will important bible questions be answered? Yes. Proverbs 4:18. There will be new light. The righteous ones (Jehovah's people) will get the light. Will bible truths be refined at this meeting? Absolutely". - Guy Pierce opening talk

Have I missed something?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The new light will be in the reinterpreted scriptures.

• Lore
    Lore

Naw see, the Bible is the light.

A new Bible is New Light!

• cofty
    cofty

They are easy pleased. Bread and circuses.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

I'm still waiting for David Splanes latest "Brothers, we love this teaching!"-explanation beforeAnthony Morris concludes this meeting.

LL

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In his reddit feed, DrJohnChrist stated, " They've done away with John 7:53-8:11 " in the New NWT!

For those that have forgotten, that's the account where the scribes and the Pharisees bring to Jesus "a woman caught at adultery" and he responds with the famous:

“Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.”

It makes sense; this is clearly a problematic verse for the GB/FDS/WT/JW's abusive shunning policy.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Hmmm quite a let down after all the hype by the friends when they asked why i was not going.

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

GB talking about examples of wrong translations. Original committee added to translation - 1 Cor 7:39 - in death is in brackets as it was added. Brackets not needed as in original greek not in death - american bible says when "falls asleep" can remarry. Bums would say its in the bible so I can leave when he's asleep. HA Ha

Translations must be clear and readily understood by the average people - god is not impressed with intelligenc....?

Page 17, and 18 - most people do not speak original greek and hebrew - jehovah wants us to understand bible in our language.

Sorry guys, I couldn't get the exat wording of last part b ut it was all about whether to use original word for word literal tranlation or what was "meant" by words.

Another GB brother - joke about marriage and losing hair. Using delightful words - Ecc. 12:9, 10 - bible writers were very careful when recording thoughts of Jehovah. Original committee took responsibility very seriously - resulting in a beautifulm masterful edition that we all love. Clergy howled with rage when it was released - were are ur scholars etc., many people embraced King James - must have come right from god - but was there one annointed in King James version - all were annointed for NWT. Tempest over NWT gone out to sea.

Original is fine for research - but for field service, reference, meetings using new bible.

Person of interest - backcall - today murder suspect.

Lev. 5:1 - in case a soul sins in that he has heard public cursing, or is a witness, or has seen or heard it, must report it. What does "it" mean? Usually curse is swear word. - Not what bible is talking about. A witness needed for event - would go to public square and evoke a curse if they didn't come forward. New NWT says it in an updated manner.

Many English words have several meanings - eg. pattern- dictionary many choices - many 2 Tim 1:13 - keep holding "pattern" of wholesome words. Many brothers when giving talks chose wrong meaning. New bible uses def "model for imitation" not an artistic pattern, so it uses "standard".

Let us go on walking orderly in same routine - most of phrase to go in a line or row, to go by battle order, - most brothers thought it meant to have a good schedule - makes joke - back to point - wrong def - not a call to have a routine for everything but instead its a call for "unity". Let us be humble, brothers didn't get ideas out of thin air, in fact publications have errors. NWT will help prevent this.

alien - foreigner

ass - donkey

impale - does not mean to nail or to tie someone to a stake - it means to ram into the abdomen. Referring to before Jesus execution - Greek cried out one brief word that uses stake so haave to come up with rendering that reflects proper usage. Using tied to stake now.

dumb - speechless

loving-kindness - loyal love

Abundant comments

NWT - clearer picture of what bible is implying.

eg. Jacobs ladder - nNWT says distictive coat.

Jehovah -causes to beome - meaning - too simplistic - now saying "I will become what I choose to become" - but appex A 1735 says more is needed. Meaning is not limited to what Ex says - does not fully define name, but reveals a facet of his personality. It also includes what he causes his creation to become. eg donkey could be a messenger.

Meaning of gods word much clearer - John 17:3 - you know what it used say - this means everlasting life, taking in knowledge - what's really involved - new bible says - there oming to KNOW you and son JC.

Our prayer is that your reading and studying will draw you closer to Jehovah and will he ever be your God, your Father and your friend. applause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit