No bibles at any kingdomhalls, strong rumors the annual meeting is regarding the bible...

by EndofMysteries 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

The "Centennial Reign" translation?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    The Breakfast of Champions prediction:
    The "new" bible will not be called the "New World" translation.

you know I recall that when they recently replaced the song book one of the comments was that they removed phrases that we don't use anymore, one of the was "new order"

"new world" has a real masonic presence. If they removed these from the song book, would they not also want to disconnect their bible from such outdated phraseology?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Can't see how families will be able to afford multiple Bibles at $40-$50 each. No problem back in the day for families when Bibles were $1 each. There could become a trend of a "family" Bible,,(maybe an extra page to record marriage dates and baptisms, but to be almost untouchable).

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Another advantage to an online version of the Bible: tracking software can allow them to see who is visiting unapproved websites like this one.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Maybe it will be called the Large Print 2014 Edition for The Generation That Saw 1914 and Will Never Pass Away!

As God speaks, His Word can adjust on tablets in KHs around the world!

Hopefully they won't break the tablets like Moses did.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Are there any rational supply issues with the NWT? I don't know if it has to be printed on certain presses. Oh, in the past, I would be so excited. I recall when the NWT of both OT and NT was available. Picked it up at Yankee Stadium. Everyone in the family had one. It was so fresh.

Honestly, I feel most JWs are unsophisticated and not likely to research on the web. My family would be challenged by sources such as National Geographic or a TV report. They just obeyed and forgot the distraction. I could see them questioning in their minds yet conformity was the action.

• DS211
    DS211

Its all an effort to rame in as much cash as possible. Remember the wt is undergoing strain--less firld service, less donations, lawsuits, missionary housing issues, etc...so when the times become hard what happens? Squeeze the tithe frkm your followers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit