No bibles at any kingdomhalls, strong rumors the annual meeting is regarding the bible...

by EndofMysteries 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

From relatives and contacts in 2 states, there have been no bibles available for a couple months. One person mentioned to me as well about supposed quotes in the magazines from other bibles.

Rumors are that they will announce a new bible, or possibly tell everyone to buy a bible from another place that they approve of.

If there is a new one, I can't wait to compare it to the current and compare it to interlinear. Did they fix mistakes and make it more accurate or did they make it even more messed up?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Rip predicts: The Watch Tower's new Bible will come invisibly in 2014!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Old news...

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

"or possibly tell everyone to buy a bible from another place that they approve of. "

I can't see them letting someone else take all the profits.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watch how easy it is to sway rumors.

"Paperback Bibles cost nearly as much as the hardbound Bibles, but did not last. Our faithful brothers and sisters were wearing them out and replacing them. We couldn't justify keeping up with the demand and thereby reducing the printing of other materials. So we are pleased to announce that we formed a separate corporation dedicated just to printing New World Translations in hardcover and deluxe editions with gold edges.

These books will be sold at a set price, subject to increases, and will include Satan's bloody taxes for the government. Details to follow."

Until we know what WAS said, we don't know what WILL BE said.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I will be so suprised in a new bible, not because it is beyond them, but because it will be so easy for people to compare the differences and think about what changed and why? This promote a little more thinking than the lazier JW may otherwise do.

Also most JW's are ignorant to the imperfections of Watchtower, to see and hear that the old bible was not perfect may shake a few of them, even with the hard sell that this next bible is 'better'.

The WT are lazy, uneducated people with access to free labour in construction and I.T. and writing, with money to spend on lawyers etc. Did they hire a team to review the bible? If not who else did it? How? They would never admit to sub contracting it, so we will never know.... Just doesn't make sense to me.

I can't see their motive UNLESS they want to get out of a lot of hot water, removing many dodgy doctrines that make their collars feel tighter etc, by 'revising' their early appreciations of scripture......

One thing is for sure, this bunch of guys are a lot lazier than the old school WT men, these new doctrines and teachings don't make sense or add up with other doctrines etc, it is a real mess...... let's see how tangled they get....

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Here is my take:

I haven't seen a Bible at my congregation for over 6 months. 6 months! We are in a big city!

So, the WT is the Bible & Tract Society right?

There is something going on with the NWT. I say its a new version. Otherwise, how can they justify not providing Bibles. I know they are corrupt. But, cmon! Its Bibles we are talking about.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society will be changing their name. They will be dropping 'Bible and tract Society'.

Rip predicts!

~~~~

• Listener
    Listener

I understand that they are only presenting the Annual meeting in english. It also appears that only the english version of the bible has become scarce.

• mann377
    mann377

Just got the hot news!......................Their adding some new books to the bible!!!! The book of Franz, Rutherford and Jaraz. Lots of parables and time tables for our modern time. This should prove great reading when the weather is bad and you have nothing to do. The book study will be restarted so as to review these books. A written test will be given every six weeks and those that don't pass will anounced from the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit