What kind of scandal would cause most JW to leave the "truth"?

by Iamallcool 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Nothing.

Most of them would discount any scandal as lies coming from (insert the "A" word).

And the rest of them are so afraid of being shunned that they keep their mouths shut and bob their heads up and down at every mind numbing Watchtower Study along with the other drones.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Sadly, I really dont think any type of "scandal" would wake any body up. They have completely set themselves up to always fall back on the "persecution" idea. Any scandal perpetuated by the media, government or masses, however true it is, would constitute to them as an "attack". This would then signal the beggining of the great tribulation. Any rebellious actions taken by any in the org would be proof of their impatience and unfaithfullness e.g. 1975 debacle. I trully feel this event is going to happen, for lack of a better word, soon. I do, however, believe that this event, scandal whatever you want to call it, will mark the end of any growth for the org and it will decline until all thats left are born ins.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Absolutely..

Nothing..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Declaring that the "Great Tribulation" has begun?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Nothing

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

NOTHING!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I wonder what it was like to be on the board here 11 years ago when the UN thing broke. I'm sure many were thinking "this is it, they are going down now!"

That in itself shows that "Nothing" is the correct answer!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If the WTBTS ever admitted that Rutherford was just a power monger and a drunk and that Freddy was a lunatic!

Sorry, I forgot that Rutherford was the 'original' fds.(1919) And that Freddy was his ghost writer.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit