What kind of scandal would cause most JW to leave the "truth"?

by Iamallcool 62 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

1914 did not do it

1925 did not do it

1975 did not do it

The elimination of the 1914 generation did not do it

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Nada.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Although I do not feel that any scandal would cause a majority of JWs to leave the WTBTS, I do feel that most JWs would leave the WTBTS if the WTBTS required that all JW publishers donate 10% of their income to the WTBTS.

JWs seem to leave the WTBTS when it is more painful to remain a JW than to leave. Can you imagine how painful it would be for older JWs to stay if they were required to donate 10% of their retirement income to the WTBTS. Of course the WTBTS could lovingly sell the concept to the older JWs who owned property to donate all their assets to the WTBTS when they die.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

For me, it was the Conti case. I know 5 other people who woke up after learning about the case. They were more receptive to TTATT after this, read Ray Franz's books and a couple of them no longer attend meetings, while the others are just there for their families.

Many good JWs who love their kids will be shocked if they learn about these cases and will be willing to listenn to other criticism of the WTS. Please continue to publicise these cases and to post court documents as irrefutable proof.

They can hardly say these are apostate docs if they can be accessed on court websites available to the public.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

For most its seems they have to have suffered on a personal level some type of

injustice at the hads of the minions of the Watchtower "the elders". Sometimes

multiply instances .

This leads them to finally break the taboo of doing critical research .

Thats what did it for me .

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Are there any instances of groups, families or individuals leaving the nation of Israel in Bible times due to the unfaithfulness of the priests or Kings? Or because of the massive collective unfaitfulness and apostacy of the Jewish nation in general and then being 'blessed' as a result?

Find the answer to that and you will maybe find the answer to the question in this thread..

• Simon
    Simon

Whatever it is they can justify it or excuse it.

I like to ask "what would convince you that the WTS wasn't the truth?"

Even the staunchest supporter then has to secretly admit that they believe in a cult if they find themselevs saying "nothing event could", otherwise you likely have something to point to (covering up child abuse etc...)

• Laika
    Laika

That's an interesting tactic Simon, I should try that...

Problem with major scandal effecting the Society is that they're still a small religion and what might seem huge to us is not always going to be widely reported on.

• sspo
    sspo

Nothing ....

Fall back that JW's are imperfect or that false prophets or teachers will rise from among you, we love Jehovah and nothing else matters.

Nothing will shake up the majority of brainwashed JW and that's why many of us got stuck in the organization for decades.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

For me it's simple..

John 13:35

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

They do not have real love..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit