What kind of scandal would cause most JW to leave the "truth"?

by Iamallcool 62 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There biggest concern at the moment would have to be stemming the flow of child sex abuse. Just how big this will get, and the methods used to talk this away, only God knows. Although the sex abuse scandals are relatively unknown amongst the witness comunity at the moment, just how long they can keep this from the faithfull and how this will be received time will tell. It didn't end the Catholic Church. They are reacting to this new situation with articles on the demonic news media and speculation. Obviously they are concerned about it, and are bunking down for the ensuing storm of law suites, and bad media publicity.

The 2nd biggest issue would have to be the internet. Let's face it we all wouldn't be here, and talking about this if it wasn't for the internet. For someone who is in the early stages of fading, I still have some contact with JWs around the world, and these ties run deep. Already through the use of the internet and apostate sites I end up telling ones what is happening in their own countries, and what is going on organizationally, before they know it. I am finding it difficult to explain how I get all this information. If this an example of how quickly neutral information can travel then how much more quickly will negative information spread. The GB has just to get to were the game is at if they are wanting to survive. Well that's my take on it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Nathan Natas - "The GB are mortal men and like the Mickey Mouse Club, they have to bring in a new member from time to time. IF one of these future GB members proves to be a NEO-RUTHERFORD -- a self-centered sociopathic power-seeker -- THAT could be straw that breaks the camel's back for 'most JWs'."

The GB's already had one - Ted Jaracz. Under his reign, the final nail of the "authoritarian high-control group" classification was hammered home, and it's pretty much irreversable; any progreesive reform at this point, and they'd no longer be the WTS..

So, in a sense, you're right, because authoritarian groups - as social organisms - are very poorly adapted to survive in the 21st Century environment of the Information Age, and the WTS is rapidly becoming one of the more extreme ones (don't forget, organisms that cannot or will not adapt to a changing environment are doomed to extinction).

Case in point - Warwick; strategic withdrawal to a semi-rural location is one of the first signs that an AHG is starting to go off the rails.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - "There biggest concern at the moment would have to be stemming the flow of child sex abuse."

They're biggest concern regarding child abuse isn't "stemming the flow".

It's avoiding accountability, reinforcing their authority over the R&F, and maybe finding a way to somehow put the lid back on Pandora's Box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit