Are JWs more negative than normal people?

by Julia Orwell 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's a shame because there is some good stuff in the bible like beig good to people and that, but it's far heavier on the 'humans are useless children who don't know good from bad' theme.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

so true! (bookmarking)

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Their deliverance requires the destruction of billions of innocent people...how much more negative can it be?

• Bells
    Bells

Julia said: Yeah what's with JWs trying to lure you back and talking about terrible, depressing things? This elder came to the door the very morning his sister had died, and went on about how the Bible prophesied gay marriage in the last days and how terrible gay marriage is

sorry this is a bit off topic but I haven't heard this before??? Where does it say anything about gay marriage in the bible..??

On topic, I absolutely agree. My MIL is a shocka. My husband could be talking to her about a lion mum raising a baby gazelle as her own, and somehow that will lead her into talking about someone who was murdered / crisis in Syria / someone's chronic illness etc

hanging around her is depressing!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Lol re gay marriage. Definitely not in the bible nor are the Muslim countries supporting it as this elder said. But he was a bit addled because at 3am that morning he'd got a call telling him his sister had died...I put it in another post.

But even something like gay marriage is going to make them hmmm and ha aboutp how bad the 'world' is and how Armageddon must be coming soon. I bet they said that when Rosa Parks and others started the civil rights campaign in America. "Black people want equality now, hmmm ha Armageddon must be coming soon..."

• 5go
    5go

Yeah I have to still watch my behavior in that regard. Once you start your exit you really start seeing positive things which actually make you feel a little bad.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Agreed. And if you talk to jws about them they view you as becoming worldly or apostate.

• jambon1
    jambon1

One of the things that finally got me leaving the religion was that it dawned on me that I couldn't conscientiously offer people a 'better way of life' by becoming a Jehovah's Witness.

The utter misery of life at the hall/field service/gatherings. The gossiping & suspicion & paranoia.

All I could see was that my worldly friends (despite having their own private struggles) were ultimately happier people.

Why would anyone want to become a JW and expose themselves to the utter arseholes that were running/running our congregation?

I realised that my own thinking had become so negative and paranoid that it was actually unnatural for a healthy 20odd year old to be feeling do dissatisfied with what was essentially a very nice life that I'd built for myself (outside jw stuff).

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Julia, great topic. So true. I enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

LoisLane

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Since my wife is still in, I hear sometimes rumors from the cong. And I have noticed, that almost every one of the congs. Members are in some way “out of order”. I hear dysfunctional diseases, such as ADHD, Paranoia, fibromyalgia, headache’s, depression, a.s.f. Especially, pioneering sisters, often call my wife in the morning saying they cannot go out in the fields today, but maybe next week. My wife seems to be quite happy with it, this makes her free from this field service another day. No wonders why preaching ours has being slow down in northern Europe. My guess is that of 35 members of our congs. Only 10 are effectively active.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit