Are JWs more negative than normal people?

by Julia Orwell 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

The only thing that cheers them up for awhile is a tragic disaster, like an earthquake. Or some kind of major conflict building in the middle east. Or talk about a worldwide economic collapse.

What a way to live.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good observation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are bogged down on imaginary issues such as everything being against their religion that they cannot appreciate anything. They are often sick because they catch tuberculosis at the door (or the flu), because they work such long hours to barely make a living and still have to attend boasting sessions and do field circus, or because of the stress of never being up to standard. And they blame Satan for it all. A good part of what bothers them is stupid things--signs such as the Christmas lights going up (what Christmas lights, lately?), prices going up (didn't that happen in the 1920s in Germany?), the chemicals added to foods (and they blame Satan for what the Rockefellers are actually doing--is Satan the Rockefellers?), and so on.

Yes, we have problems--much of it due to the Rothschild scum and Rockefellerian diseducation. However, none of it is due to Satan, and the witlesses are not making things any better by wasting scarce money and resources driving from door to door placing littera-trash.

• factfinder
    factfinder

yes, most witnesses do mention the problems of living in satans system, we need the new system.

One elder used to always bring me down by his reports about how sick brother this is, and sister that is in the hospital, and brother anothers parent died, etc. All bad news.

Witnesses WANT things to be bad, they need them to be bad so they can convince themselves that these really are the last days and the end is so close,

any day now...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" The witlesses are bogged down on imaginary issues such as everything being against their religion that they cannot appreciate anything."

So true. They're not able to enjoy moments with family, the beauty of the garden or chilling out at the beach. It's so hard for them to stop during their routine and just look at a beautiful sunset. Or they go to the other extreme, and live for their holidays ie the escape from being a JW for a week in a place like Bali.

One of the things that actually helped me wake up was taking a look around at beauty and goodness in the world and honestly saying to myself, "It's actually not that bad..."

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

My mom siced some of the locals against me at my former appartment. It was kind of funny how they were trying to preach to me, and would always start out with "this or that happened. We're lucky to have survived. This old world is so terrible". It never fails. I've come to the conclusion that JWs are the most depressing group of people I've ever come into contact with.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah what's with JWs trying to lure you back and talking about terrible, depressing things? This elder came to the door the very morning his sister had died, and went on about how the Bible prophesied gay marriage in the last days and how terrible gay marriage is and on an on about how hard life is in this system, while trying to cadge a cup of coffee off us and trying to get us to come back. Go figure. Talk about flies with vinegar.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Does the Pope s*** in the woods ?

I don't think you really needed to ask, a dear Julia ?

Their world view is distorted, and depressing of itself, plus the unrequited hopes they have held all their lives that just don't happen, and never will of course.

It is a great wonder to me that not more of them are on Meds.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs witnesses thrive on calamities ,disasters,earthquakes ,volcanic eruptions ,crimes ( except those by jw`s ) droughts ,floods ,marriage breakdowns/ divorces ( except by jw`s ) suicides in the population ( except by jw`s ) wars that are /have taken place these past 6000 years years ,as if that was something new.As the bible acknowedges wars have been going on for milleniums .True ,what the Watchtower neglect to say is that many of these wars were started or sanctioned by the God Jehovah that they represent .Millions of people over 4 centuries were executed ,man woman and child . ( and dont fell sorry for them )

by what many ,if not most christians today, worship,what they call a God of love.

smiddy

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Julia - The answer to your question is a resounding yes. My wife is a self-proclaimed pessimist and scans the paper every day for bad news which she delights in pointing out to me. I pint out to here that newspapers don't have an interest in publishing good news stories. Misery is one of the w3ays they get people in - when witnessing it is fundamental to get the householder to agree how bad things are. I love pointing out all the ways the wordl in which live is better than it was 50 or 100 years ago. This really has them back-pedalling. Cheers and 'keep on looking on the bright side of life' (thanks Monty Python) Frazzled

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit