Quick Poll - How many are...

by mrhhome 103 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

i quit pre-1975. labelled apostate in 1981.

father is still jw--but has never shunned me.

1st wife a born in

daughter and younger son born in--still fast asleep in the cult. shunned me 25 years +

older son D/F--which got me interested in this ex-j scene. going to his wedding next weekend.

i have 7 grandkids--all 5th generation armageddon survivors-in-waiting.

• not bitter
    not bitter

I disassociated 20 years ago. I am an ex-JW. I am now an apostate.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Can I say all of the above?

A) In my heart, I'm definitely an ex-JW.

B) As an ex, I'm a non-JW, but have a mother, sister, and wife that are still in, as well as a very close friend.

C) Technically, I'm inactive, because most of the time I count for witnessing probably wouldn't be allowed and I didn't knock on one door for the past two months.

D) But on paper I get a few hours a month that says I'm active, only because my conscience allows me to count a lot of informal witnessing that the elders probably wouldn't allow if they knew.

I do it all for the family, but probably not much longer. My best friend is already joking about me being an apostate. Hopefully, the jokes will help him get past shunning me when that time comes.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mrhhome:

I am "inactive" officially but really am an ex-JW. I did a cold-turkey "fade" early 2001. From the shunning routine I get when I run into these fools in local stores, I would guess they figured it out.

I'm not interested what designation the religion gives me. Their opinion means zero.

• free and happy
    free and happy

Inactive 6 years now with gone AWOL so I count myself as an ex-witness

• Hillary
    Hillary

Quick question: All of these faded people who haven't been involved in the religion for 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, or whatever (you know, people who left and have never looked back), Are these people included in the 7.75 million figure of the JW religion?

• UBM101
    UBM101

(a) Non-JW & spouse to an inactive JW (hopefully Ex-JW to be)

• tec
    tec

e) Ex-study... no relatives within.

Peace,

tammy

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Born in, essentially DA'd ("no longer an approved associate") in 1990. Family is still in. Awkward.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Ex-Jw for...gosh. 6 years now? Although I didn't really realize I was an ex-Jw until maybe 4.5 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit