Quick Poll - How many are...

by mrhhome 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Just got baptised....active, 'til the new light blinds me..won't be long now...I keep my mouth shut..swallow the kool-aide, then when they ain't looking...spit it out...well, the part that I know man made up...(99%)...but what I found out...Church, halls, (all places of worship) are a Re-hab for the mean...I'm not mean & that's why, it won't be long now...I'll get DF'd for being nice....

Legacy

• Skbj
    Skbj

Ex Jw...no idea if DA or Df nor could care to investigate.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Ex JW havent been inside a KH since May 2006 for a family funeral. Totally inactive since 1988

• jgnat
    jgnat

(b) still with him because I like him.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Non-JW who married an ex-JW who had DA when she was 18. I had actually given her my blessings to return if she so desired.

Then after 12 years of showing her JW family respect, I watched them throw her under the bus at a funeral. It was then that I realized that this a dangerous cult.

I have often compared JW to a grade B horror flick. Great wonderful people one moment. Flesh eating zombies the next.

After reading the stories here, I concluded that I will oppose the JW organization every chance I get. You cannot let a organization that systemmatically terrorizes people go unopposed. You cannot let such a corrupt organization chase people away from God.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Officially active for family reasons (might change), on the inside ex

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent description, mrhhome. More true than you may realize. Steve Hassan describes this as two personalities trapped inside the Witness. There's the natural personality full of life, zest, and character, and then there is the cult personality. You can recognize the cultist because they are portrayed in every magazine. Plastic smiles, neat appearance, and the most horrific words couched in bland inanity.

I don't bother arguing with the cultist. It just makes that personality stronger. I appeal to the natural person..their compassion, interests, dreams, and drive.

• Dagney
    Dagney

WTBS Status - Inactive

Dagney Status - Ex JW

• Glander
  • sosad
    sosad

ex- jw as a result of a successful fade - over 25 years- it can be done but it is sure sad to see the people you love lost in that cult

i would love to see the almighty org do anything to push the envelope with people like me...they have everything to lose because, unlike the first five years or so, they dont scare me one bit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit