Recent Global Cooling Controversy

by metatron 236 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

brinjen:

I dont particularly like Abbot either because he is a Catholic. Only a pathetic person would want to be a member of that club, but its a bit early to judge him when hes only been in power less than a week.

• brinjen
    brinjen

mP... you missed the point entirely.

Last 3 summers been the least hot? The rest of the country doesn't agree.

• mP
    mP

Brinjen:

Who says its been hotter the last 3 summers ?

Its always getting hotter in some parts of the city, because of all the concrete which reflects heat and machines. goto a park or bush walking and its not hot at all. nowdays people leave their tvs on all the time, and the fact they are fatter than ever doesnt help. Fat keeps you hot.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/twenty-year-hiatus-in-rising-temperatures-has-climate-scientists-puzzled/story-e6frg6z6-1226609140980

Another paper published by leading climate scientist James Hansen, the head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, says the lower than expected temperature rise between 2000 and the present could be explained by increased emissions from burning coal.

hmm. that makes sense.

The Economist says the world has added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010, about one-quarter of all the carbon dioxide put there by humans since 1750. This mismatch between rising greenhouse gas emissions and not-rising temperatures is among the biggest puzzles in climate science just now, The Economist article says.

That makes no sense.

• mP
  • mP
    mP

brinjen:

i tried searching bom.gov.au and general searches and couldnt find a simple table or graph showing the summer temps for the past 20 years. Lots of hype but no raw figures...

Actually it much hottter in NSW about 5+ years ago when all the national parks around sydney got burnt down. Since then its been quite nice and much cooler. If it was that much hotter then the bush around sydney for example should be extremely dry and should have burnt. But guess what it has not. I know the bush is back in all its glory as i go there all the time.

• mP
    mP

Brinjen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Sydney

In the first weeks of February 2010, Sydney received some of the highest rainfalls in 25 years, which caused flash flooding and traffic chaos. On 4 February, some suburbs in the North Shoreregion recorded their heaviest rain in 20 years. On 12 and 13 February, some suburbs were hit by thunderstorms which brought heavy rain and gusty winds which cut out power and damaged homes. [30] [31] On 13 February, Sydney experienced one of the highest rainfall of the last decade with 65 millimetres (2.6 in) of rain falling in one night at Observatory Hill. [32] The heavy rain was caused by remnants of ex-tropical Cyclone Olga and humid north-easterly winds feeding into the low pressure trough. [33] [34] 2010 was the wettest year since 2007, according to the Bureau of Meteorology, with the cloudiest October and the third cloudiest July on record.

March and April 2011 were very wet with well above average rainfall. March recorded 191.6 mm well above the average of 128.9 mm of rain and was the wettest March in ten years. April 2011 recorded 206.2 mm of rain well above the average of 125.8 mm and was the wettest April since 1999. May 2011 also recorded above average rainfall, making it the wettest autumn since 2003 according to the Bureau. [35] [36] July 2011 was the wettest July since 1950. [37]

Wow record rains in summer just 2 and 3 years ago and it was still record hot.

Care to revise your statement ?

• brinjen
    brinjen

No. I still know how hot it's been.

What caused that La Nina cycle to begin with?

• mP
    mP

MP ->brinjen:

There are cyclones every year. One even wiped out Darwin in the 70s, that hardly means it was record hot then. The problem is people only remember the ones that hit towns and cities.

Brinjen:

Last 3 summers been the least hot? The rest of the country doesn't agree.

mP:

Well its not honest to say the rest of the country when its just your opinion. I could say the same but i dont like mispresenting others when i speak for myself.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I said "La Nina" not "cyclones". I do happen to know quite a bit on that subject after living for 8 years in Darwin... I think everyone knows about Tracey. What do you think causes cyclones? Tropical lows over warm water...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

Same old bullshit and lies as your mate Kevin.

You bombastic idiot. Along with your other similar irrelevant insulting comments, you've continued to indicate that you just really don't understand climate change in the context of longer periods or how manmade changes have contributed to climate change. Go back and watch the video I posted earlier in this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit