What Did Jesus Ask US To Preach About?

by Perry 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

TEC

WEll, that is where many of his disciples left off, not understanding that He spoke of the spiritual, and not having the faith to remain with Him or even ask for understanding.

mP:

So yet again why was Jesus such a bad communicator ? First the self human sacrifice and then cannabilism...Strange motifs.

• mP
    mP

cassuk

Because the matthew prohecies were about the destruction of jerusalem in 70 ad, which in fact jw have just acknowledged in their july watchtower. THe fleshly is finsihed and the new arrangmeent is spiritual

mP:
    Matthew didnt prophecy anything. Everybody agrees Mat was written after 70AD.

• mP
    mP

TEC

MP you shouldnt lie like this and hide relevant info like this because its dishonest and yet again you get caught out lying.

I didn't lie mP. Read the WHOLE passage in Acts 10, and part of Acts 11.

MP:

So why did yo leave out 19 ? where it says something incompatible with your assertion ? Is that being fair to the truth ? Why did you forget to mention what is says ? Leaving out something importanat like this is part of lying simply because you are misguiding the listener into an erroneous conclusion knowing full well that 19 would possibly make them think differently.

TEC

They originally preached only to the Jews... until they were taught and shown otherwise by Christ.... who sent Peter to Cornelius, and told Peter in a vision that he was not to call the Gentiles unclean, and then showed Peter by giving holy spirit to the Gentiles there (Cornelius and his family and friends).

TEC

Again your a stretching the story beyond what it says and ignoring the countless other commandments. peter went to cornelius not the gentiles. As i explained peter was in no position to ignore C wishes in any form, unless he wanted a sword through his belly.

For the remainder of the NT Peter never speaks to gentiles. IN fact he getws into heated argument with Paul about this very matter. WHy is Peter so confused 30+ years after jesus left ?

The passage ends with the others finally understanding that "God has even granted the Gentiles repentance unto life."

MP:

It doesnt say Peter go preach to them does it ?

TEC

So Christ is the one who taught them to go to the Gentiles.

mP:

So why did JC contradict himself and say so many times he came only for the jews but once in mat 24 says the opposite ? Why the mixed messages ?

How could peter forget about mat 24, when he was talking to Paul ?

• tec
    tec

Peter speaks to the gentiles after that... of course he does... Paul calls him on his hypocrisy when Peter stops eating with gentiles when Jews are around, since when other Jews are not around, Peter ate and lived with Gentiles as one of them.

And you are adding to the text, mP, in stating that Peter was in no position to refuse Cornelius because of Cornelius position. Cornelious and all of his friends and family were Gentiles, period. Peter went to them because of Christ, not because of whoever Cornelius might be.

Again, Israel FIRST... then when Israel rejected the invitation from Christ, that invitation OPENED to all others. "I have other sheep who are not of this pen"... shows that Christ DID talk to them about it, but they did not yet understand.

You are also missing this from the end of Matthew:

"Therefore go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS..."

The end of Mark

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to ALL creation."

The end of Luke:

"This is what is written: The Christs will suffere and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. "

peace,

tammy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Christians were to be Christian Witnesses - Witnesses of Christ as the Messiah and Mediator between God & men, and to teach people everything that he had taught them!! (Matthew 28:19,20)

Matthew 10:18 - "YOU will be haled before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

Mark 13:9 - and YOU will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them."

Acts 1:8 - "You will be witnesses of me;

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - " the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me ."

John 8:18 - " the Father who sent me bears witness about me ."

John 15:26,27 - "the spirit of the truth, which proceeds from the Father, that one will bear witness about me; and YOU in turn, are to bear witness." [exactly as the spirit bore witness - about me ];

Acts 4:17,18 - Nevertheless, in order that it may not be spread abroad further among the people, let us tell them with threats not to speak anymore upon the basis of this name to any man at all. With that they called them and charged them, nowhere to make any utterance or to teach upon the basis of the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:39 - "And we are witnesses of all the things he [Jesus] did..."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness , that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name.

Acts 11:26 - "the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Acts 13:31 - "and for many days he [Jesus] became visible to those who had gone up with him from Gal´i·lee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witness for him [Jesus] to all men of things you have seen and heard."

Acts 22:20 - "and when the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "For as you have been giving a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 - "For to this end I [Jesus] have made myself visible to you, in order to choose you as an attendant and a witness.......respecting me "

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ has been rendered firm among YOU..."

1 Tim. 2:6,7 - "who [Christ] gave himself a corresponding ransom for all [this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle..."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "Therefore do not become ashamed of the witness about our Lord.. [Christ ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives is greater, because this is the witness God gives, the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son ."

Revelation 1:9 - "....came to be in the isle that is called Pat´mos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus ."

Revelation 12:17 - "And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus ."

Revelation 17:6 - "And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnessesofJesus ."

Revelation 19:10 - "But he tells me: "Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying."

Revelation 20:4 - "Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus."

• designs
    designs

The reason the Jewish people rejected Jesus (Jehoshua ben Joseph) as the messiah was because he didn't get the job done.

• mP
    mP

Design: The Jews never rejected jesus because he never was. Josephus whose family were high preiats in Jerusalem never mentions the preaching, miracles, trial or anything because it never happened. If it did we should gospels just after he died but it took 40 years for them to appear.

• mP
    mP

Thesearcher: Why does Stephen mention Jesus or anything about him in his speech innacts ? It's the longest monologue and yet Jesus is never mentioned. How can you be sure S really knows about Jesus.? Would you talk for that long to bare witness and yet never mention J once ?

• designs
    designs

mP- I was giving the believers some benefit oo the accounts in the NT but your point is taken.

• mP
    mP

My posts 2 up should say Stephen does NOT mention Jesus...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit