"Giving Makes You Happy" jw.org video for kids

by Scully 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sensitive subject for me. When I was about 10, I saved my babysitting money to buy a used piano. When I had enough, about $75, I scoured the want ads looking for a piano.

My father sat me down one afternoon and had a talk with me, outlining how important it was to send the money to the organization. I couldn't fight it. I felt deceived, and really really bad. Then I felt really really bad for feeling really really bad about having to send the contribution.

I haven't watched the video yet. Maybe later. GDFR.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Using encryption terms, this video is a public key that has been carefully sterilized and is viewable by a wide audience, simply repeating a generalized version of the Golden Rule which addresses recipient people. (See selfishness and altruism.) The private key, passed carefully and guardedly among known allies, is the very non-public instruction to place resources into a wooden box that goes to a recipient corporation. Combine the two keys, public and private, and you have the authenticated message to the child. This is the glowing lure of an angler fish. The teeth are on the inside.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They should play that song over and over after the meetings might bring contributions up, that along with the security cameras on the contribution boxes out to drum up a few more bucks for the Watchtower Corporation bank accounts.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

The jw video the leaders of the org secretly watch is:

" Taking Makes the GB Happier!"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Giving to the Corporation is the best thing we can do

Helping it in building things they can use our pennies too

Maybe God will best you if you give a lot

Never may you hold back your gift because you are a Tot.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I am glad I am not that cynical and no longer captive of black and white thinking. Some times good things might come from a source although we do not like or approve of their overall message.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That always made me sick, hearing on the back of the old WT about how some poor kid in Guatemala made a dollar by raising a chicken and selling it, then donated it to the Org. Surely that dollar would have been better for buying some food or school books, or even just keeping the chicken and selling the eggs!!, and be nothing to the WT because they routinely get $800 US a month from every cong in rich countries, yet the WT will take it anyway.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

IM- It's not s matter of being cynical.

The WTS is ANTI giving.

They receive multi- million$ in donation$.

Does the WTS GIVE to anyone but themselves?

Are there any WTS sponsored soup kitchens, outreach programs, and any other social services, charities that the WTS recommends that YOU and the little children donate money to?

NO.

The WTS wants YOU to GIVE your TIME, ENERGY and hard earned DOLLAR$ to them so THEY can $pend YOURS any way THEY like!

And they are very good at spending OPM and using volunteers on their projects.

Anyway-

Brainwash, Rinse, Repeat!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That video is so Ned Flanders.

• zound
    zound

Not being cynical Inquiryman, it's sad but true.

The helping with painting is probably also a hint at getting involved in quickbuilds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit