"Giving Makes You Happy" jw.org video for kids

by Scully 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is a time when giving makes you feel good, but not when you are coercing children to put money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. You give children allowances--good giving. You give Christmas gifts to those you feel are deserving, that is good giving. You see someone that has been hurt, physically or mentally, and you genuinely feel like giving that person something, if only to break the cycle of bad luck. That is good giving. Some might give their parents things in their old age if they are moved to want to and the need arises.

Myself, I have given things away that I got joy from doing so. Usually, they were people that I felt deserved something. Children that had little in the way of toys--one was a family that seemed to make such a big deal out of a Happy Meal binocular that I felt deserved something fun to play. Another was when I had fun after cashing in 11,000 pennies to buy goodies for a family that had relatively little materially because their father was partially disabled. (Injured on the job--bad back.) Another time I gave someone a Walkman, about in the mid-price range because I did not want the recipient confused on programming the more advanced ones. Along with a mega-pack of batteries and several Maxell XLII-S tapes of music. The recipient of that had a mother that was disfellowshipped with an abusive stepfather and rarely got good things.

Once out of the cancer, I have given things that meant something to the recipient. One was a co-worker that ran into a string of personal bad luck, which ended as I gave them a sympathy card with a 5 toilet paper bill for a treat. While that did little to end the financial problems, it did the recipient's soul some good. Another was last Christmas, when I gave some quality lanterns to a few co-workers as Christmas gifts. Including one that subsequently found a better job--I wonder if this lantern helped by enriching that recipient on the astral enough to manifest in reality. I also gave old flashlights, after putting new batteries in them (I collected them while a witless) around my hall as Christmas gifts.

I must add that forced giving never makes anyone happy. I remember getting money that was stashed in an air conditioner I bought from a witless. And that thing, upon being told I found the money, immediately made me throw the money away (in the contribution boxes). I felt that money was completely wasted--what if I hadn't found it or decided that it came with the air conditioner? And that thing never benefitted in any way from it. I regret that act of honesty simply because I ended up having to throw the money away. Better to have kept it or that thing taking it back.

If one is going to give, it should be genuine. Except in the case of parents giving to dependent children, forced giving is never acceptable. I pick and choose who I give to. I never gave things indiscriminately while I was a witless--even when I had things to get rid of (usually playthings I bought cheap and had tested out), I had someone in mind. I even had a plan in case Brother Hounder found out about the Walkman--getting the cheapest crap ones for the runts the hounders had in mind, the crappiest tapes I could find, and recording on them the filthiest rap I could get my hands on. When you give things to people that do not deserve them, you are in fact setting yourself up for astral poverty, often manifesting in reality in time.

And that happens to children who are forced to donate whatever they get. They resent it, and that represents spending money on negative value. And that is a sure way to end up struggling with money when they get older. Sometimes this is felt in toys breaking and not being replaced, and sometimes the effect becomes obvious much later on. But sooner or later, if children give because they are forced or guilted, they are going to pay much more than the face value of what was donated.

• clarity
    clarity

"If you did not know it had been made by the WTS none of you would have given it a 2nd thought of being deceptive in any way-"

>

Injuryman ... because of being programmed & then escaping,

my BS Detector is set real high!

>

I would not have looked at it ever... but since it was produced by wt,

then oh ya, I'm going to check it out ... I have granchildren.

>

I find it to be just another piece of the 'programming', it only

has to be subtle .... very young tender innocent eyes are taking

in all the tiny little 'hits' that are quickly tallying up.

>

"Minds must be cleansed .......and information replaced" so said the

the ambitious leader of this cult!

These new video's are just the latest, to start ensnaring the youngest

of victims.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

(Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24). 24 In these closing days of wickedness Jehovah’s people must demonstrate holiness. They must not foul their minds with the filthy mental food on the propaganda tables of this old world, but must feed on the feast of fat things Jehovah provides. (Isa. 25:6; 28:8.) Minds must be cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications. By privately studying regularly, by attending all meetings regularly, and by engaging in all features of the preaching work regularly mental circuits are deepened and such good activities become habitual, not at all the struggle they are when the mental circuits are weak and faint because used only occasionally. For ourselves and for others, make them strong!—1 Tim. 4:16

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sounds like a nice little gingle to play when they start passing the collection plate which might just be a matter of time and some NuLite comming their way.

Giving makes you hap hap happy

Get the spirit and don't be sappy

Jeho's Organ has a need for mon mon money

Empty your pockets and shun shun shunny

Make Jeho glad instead of sad

Write a big fat check and stop being a cad

The world has almost ended

So give to us or Jah's offended

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Listen OBEY and be Blessed"

Having learned that lesson, the next one is to GIVE to the Borg - who hands everybody a "gift" that just keeps on taking.

HB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If you did not know it had been made by the WTS none of you would have given it a 2nd thought of being deceptive in any way.....Inquireyman

Ask any JW..

The WBT$ Advertises it doesn`t ask for Money..

The WBT$ isn`t always Deceptive,most of the time they Blatanty Lie..

The WBT $ doesn`t Ask for Money!..

.....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• zound
    zound

I did an experiment with those watching the world articles. Look through as many as you can and try to find one possitive comment about the world. Everything is in some way negative - the environment is getting worse, politicians are corrupt, people are violent, churches are dishonest.. ect ect.

Sometimes they are subtle, but they are all negative. No wonder JW's think the world is a scary scary place.

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

Rocking Video

• wasblind
    wasblind

The video states nothing about giving to the WT. It is a general film aimed at teaching a child generosity_____Inquiryman

LOL. In order to teach about generosity. You must first set the example

Without strings

Glad you have an inquiring mind Inquiryman, that way you could ask why

Jehovah's witnesses don't get involved in the charities many of them use

when in need

How many Witnesses out there ever had a need for the Red cross when thier house burn down

or shop at the Goodwill that make things affordable for those who have no income because they

work for free for the Watchtower corporation.

How many witnesses right today are in need of and make use of institutions established by secular organizations

such as hospitals, homes for the elderly, rehabilitation centers ( Drug or physical )

Inquiring minds would like to know

Silly me, I forgot, This world is goin' outta business soon

no need for those things. Charitable or otherwise

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

RVW: Brainwash, Rinse, Repeat!

Good one Rip!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit