Do You Think The Witnesses Actually Know What They Believe In?

by minimus 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They believe in the Watchtower. Everything else is subject to change without notice.

W

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The only non-changable. non-negotiable thing JWs believe is that "This is God's Organisation, therfore we must obey".

Everything else is subject to noo lite.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't think even 1% of today's JW's could make a good job of explaining their beliefs, and backing them up from scripture ? not without the out of date "Reasoning" book to crib from.

I doubt in a few weeks time after the July WT study is done and forgotten, they would be able to give the new explanation of who the FDS is, most will revert to saying "It is all of the Anointed".

Nugget is spot on about the way they slip stuff in, as though it was always so, they often do this by quoting a WT that is a couple or three years old, actually the quote does not fully teach the new doctrine, but appears to back it, crafty lot, the Writing Department boys, Himmler would be in admiration at their expertise.

They know that someone in Nugget's position, children etc, has no time to check on things, or even think about them , so it slips past even a smart lady like her, the average JW is too damn lazy to check or think about things, so it slips past them too.

The real trick is that the JW's don't realise they are mind-controlled Zombies, they imagine the are, to quote A Morris the Turd, "the thinkingest people on earth." What a joke.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Can I ask what the baptism question change is? I was baptized at 15 in 1988.

It was changed before that.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

They don't have to....its all about regular meeting attendance...go in service as much as you can....give money to worldwide work....doctrines and teachings are too much to think about...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here are the three primary changes :

1963 17 The first question is: Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

18 The second question is: On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

1970 Two questions which do search out the heart and mind of each candidate are: (1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God’s Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

1985 OnthebasisofthesacrificeofJesusChrist,haveyourepentedofyoursinsanddedicatedyourselftoJehovahtodohiswill?

The second is:

DoyouunderstandthatyourdedicationandbaptismidentifyyouasoneofJehovah’sWitnessesinassociationwithGod’sspirit-directedorganization?

(Anybody baptised after 1985 was baptised into an Organization)

• adamah
    adamah

I don't think the average JW actually CARES about what they believe in, as long as it's what the GROUP says they believe. They often don't even KNOW what they're supposed to believe: if you've ever seen one JW explain something and then stop with a quizzical look on their face and turn to their partner JW and ask, "Wait a minute, is that right? What do we believe about X, again?" you've seen this dynamic in action.

With most people, they believe what they believe NOT based on logic (JWs believe a snake was possessed by Satan to make it talk, for crying out loud!), but EMOTIONS. Hence ex-JWs often think that if only they find the PERFECT smoking-gun logical contradiction in JW beliefs, they'd have found the universal anti-JW fact to convince everyone about TTATT. That's about as silly as searching for the fountain of youth, since it's often not about LOGIC.

Instead, most people believe based on EMOTION, subconsciously weighing the implications of their beliefs on THEIR lives; it's ends-based justification in action, since they consider the EFFECTS of the beliefs on their lives, and not the actual TRUTH of the beliefs (they don't have to, since EVERYTHING the JWs believe is TRUTH; that's what the Little Blue Book tells them). Hence they often will believe only what they WANT to believe, and that's exactly what FAITH is all about.

Hence people are often cognitively-blinded from seeing even the most glaring contradition you show them, since like I said, it's not about logic, but emotion.

Adam

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sure they do, but its all being contained and framed by fear induced brain washing.

Thats why its defined as being a cult.

When your fully indoctrinated they don't know it.

• flipper
    flipper

No, I don't think they know WHAT they believe in. They know that WT leaders believe this crap, and that because WT leaders believe it- they should too. But they don't know hw to explain it. It's unexplainable because it makes no sense. i don't think JW's have EVER known what they believe in- they're just mind controlled and gullible. Being duped, controlled, and manipulated without being aware of it , Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Splash
    Splash

Our cong sometimes does a witness quiz night.

It would be revealing to have a few New Light questions in there so they could see for themselves.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit