Do You Think The Witnesses Actually Know What They Believe In?

by minimus 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narcissistic Supply
  • Mr Fool
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah's witnesses believe they should scratch thier watches and wind thier butts

• Fernando
    Fernando

Good point.

No they don't.

Got me thinking.

Being aware of the power of keeping questions as simple as possible, some have come to mind:

• Do you know what you believe in?

• Can I ask you a few questions to check?

• Are you a "publisher of the good news"?

• How long have you been a "publisher of the good news"?

• Is the "good news" in your heart and on your lips?

• Please explain the "good news" according to Paul to me.

(More than half the NWT's roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul!)

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

I agree Fernando, the more simple questions (best is "yes" or "no"quests) the better.

For example; "-The Watchtower tells us to believe. Do you believe or do you know that the Bible expresses the truth from God Jehovah?"

(The thing is, if you believe, you admit that you have not full confidence and not totally sure. On the other hand, if you know, you donĀ“t need to believe)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Mr Fool , both for your chart above, very revealing ! and for pointing out the difference between Belief and Knowledge.

(I think the chart needs a bit of work, the references at the bottom, 1 to 10, don't match the quotes above, 4&5 seem to be tansposed, and the reference for the 1975 debacle cannot come from a 1940's WT, but I like the idea of this chart)

As this thread has shown, JW's believe a lot of stuff, until the WT changes it, then they believe that, but they actually know very little.

I was born in, and in for many decades, it was only when I left the enclosed bubble that was life in the WT that I realised I had a lot of beliefs, that I could offer no evidence for, and I was woefully bereft of knowledge.

I came to realise that outside the Intellectual Prison that is the JW "religion" there is a wonderful world full of so much exciting Knowledge. And new things are being discovered on a daily basis !

I love learning, have since I was very young, what a pity that knowledge is denied to JW's in case they see "behind the curtain".

I drink in knowledge as though it really was the water of life. To be free to do that is just Paradise to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit