Do You Think The Witnesses Actually Know What They Believe In?

by minimus 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

The Watchtower: What does it really teach?

; )

Peace,

tammy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What they know and what they have been mentally programed, in that anything the WTS.

teaches is going to save their lives, so they become metal slaves to the organization.

Based from that established psychosis, they are more and willing to shut down their critical

thinking skills and let the WTS. do their thinking for them, which of course is a bunch lies and

ignorance created to support the WTS. organization.

Its god's earthly organization so serve it or your dead.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Minimus: "I think they know what they DON'T believe in, like no blood, no hellfire, no trinity....but they really couldn't explain what their beliefs are and WHY they believe as they do. Do you agree?"

Most do not. By most I mean about 98%. The other 2% are the COs, DOs, Branch people (not all), etc. Being an elder isn't even a good guarantee that they actually know the up-to-date details of the doctrine.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I sincerely dont believe they even know what the hell is meant by the very first sentence of wikipedia...

"Jehovah's Witnesses is a millenarian restorationist Christian denominationwith nontrinitarian beliefs distinct from mainstream Christianity."

• minimus
    minimus

And they are PROUD of their ignorance!

• JeffT
    JeffT

No, they don't. A few years ago a couple of guys came by (I think they were elders) and they were clueless on the mediator issue. I looking for a chance to ask one about the generation change.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A Conversation with a JW is Pointless..

Not only are JW`s Clueless..

They Lie..

When they can`t Answer a Tough Question..

They run away..

Oh Sh*t!..

Another Tough Question!!..

http://tfparsons.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/businessman-running-scared.jpg

............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• LogCon
    LogCon

I saw a good witness friend yesterday who I have not seen in 5 years. He was cool to me as I have not atteded meetings for a number of years. We used to build off road vehicles together, travel together, fly aircraft together which was great. I can't remember him ever once discussing a scripture, explaining a doctrine, discussing latest WT articles. Simply going to the meetings was sufficient for him. When I got into discussion, sometimes heated [ JW's are good at turning Bible conversations into heated arguments] he would just stand back, listen and smile.

All this was just fine with me as I needed someone to do interesting things with and he fit the bill. If you asked him what the latest generation teaching was he would just smile and shake his head. It would not matter in the least to him. Just keep going to the meetings. Big brother is taking care of everything and big brother says, keep going to the meetings. If the GB required everyone to straighten up and start showing they understand all the current teachings, as a strict requirement for membership, he would simply stop going to the meetings.

Of course the GB would never require strict understanding, as everyones head would explode everytime there is a change or when they realized how many flip-flops have occurred through the years.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And they are PROUD of their ignorance! Yes this is quite true they are so indoctrinated (brainwashed) by the WTS. they have little willingness to look at things differently then whats been taught them. All they know is that they have been given the REAL Truth from the WTS. publishing Corporation. There is no need to question anything. This of course is done intensionally by the orchestrators of this organization as other religious institutions do the same. If I were to own a religious publishing house would I do it any different ?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

To keep the members indoctrinated, the MUST keep them confused. They must convince each member they need to study more in order to understand. That
    Truth" is there they just need to keep studying in order to "get it". If a member actually realized the real turth, as we see here, they recognise the WTS for what it is, and leave! So the confusion is a continuing nesessity to keep the indoctrination ( and continual self doubt) going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit