Do You Think The Witnesses Actually Know What They Believe In?

by minimus 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LogCon
    LogCon

Finkelstein

intensionally

Def: 1] The state or quality of being intense. 2] The act of becoming intense or more intense.

Sorry, still suffering from effects of making a big deal of everything.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

hah Logcon, I know peope like you.

grammar and spellling police. I'ts almost involuntary.

Grammar nazi's hahaha

One friend I have even has a tee shirt with the slogan " I am seceretly correcting your grammar"

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

If it doesn't involve parroting back from a paragraph, they haven't got a clue. At the last meeting I went to, I made a substitute CO virtually shit his pants by asking if the new light from the recent AGM redefining the identity of the F&D slave means you now accept apostolic succession. They really hated it when a lowly study knew more about their religion than they did.

Wonder why they dropped me as a study..?

• Watkins
    Watkins

I've learned a lot more about what I was supposed to believe as a jw after I left the religion. I didn't know about the mediatorship, couldn't explain 607bce with a gun to my head... and a lot has changed since then. No, the majority simply can't understand what they're supposed to believe. That's sad... someone in a normal Christian church could probably list 2 or 3 major things they believe and that would suffice. The wt list of 'unique' beliefs is way too long to memorize... w

• blondie
    blondie

1) few jws read a publication even once through

2) few jws read the material to be covered before the meeting, looking up the non-cited scriptures.

3) few jws have read the bible through once (I had one elder say that all the scriptures were covered at once point during the year. When I helped my husband prepare for the bible reading each week (he had to be prepared to cover the assigned elder who often did not show), I found many scriptures never appeared in the publications

4) Few jws conduct a bible study with a non-jw and many avoid the responsibility, some not even studying with their own children

5) many jws run to elders or scholarly type jws to do their research and thinking for them

6) many jws don't know how many books there are in the bible (66: 27 NT, 39 OT) and who the writers are even though that info is conveniently located in the back of the NWT

7) few jws realize that they have a concordance in the back of the NWT, along with an abbreviated bible topics section with 2 or 3 scriptures the WTS uses to support basic bible doctrines.

• clarity
    clarity

Proof that they are PROUD of their ignorance .... is shown

>

in the chin tilting up, a bottom lip juts out and as the eyes squint

just a little ................. out come the self righteous words..........

>

"even if they are wrong ..... I still wouldn't leave!!!!!!"

>

Laugh out loud on this one hahahhahahhhahaaahahhahaahahhhhhhhhhahahahha!

clarity ....sigh

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is so much mental indoctrination by the WTS, on to its members, to think other

than what they are being taught is the truth is dismissively unlikely, thats why

the bullish arrogance.

They are " The Truth " as far as they are concerned, by virtue of ever other Christain based faith

is false. This gets programmed into them so much, it becomes believable to themselves.

In other words what gets fed into them is what they eat, don't support the doctrines and your

deemed spiritually weak.

Why is there so much open willing absorption is because of the profusion of fear if they don't.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

No. They are like ignorant schoolkids cheering for their team. About the only thing they DO believe with any certainty is that they have to listen to their "governing body". Other than that, they are in ignorance and I get the sense it doesn't matter to them as long as they keep a seat warm in the kingdom hall and put on a good front.

As others have noticed, the religion is good at slipping in new tidbits under the radar without any fanfare or announcement. It is a continual bait-and-switch as far I am concerned and keeps changing shape like an amoeba.

• BroMac
    BroMac

First Rolly Carts, Then Apple Stores, Now 3 wheelers. Nope this isn't a commercial enterprise, How dare you.

Biblio info --- Bible literatur--- JW.ORG --- LOOK We got a QR code --- Read All About It----

"Hi there, I would like to read a Bible??"

JW: "Err... We have Bible based literature ... Like this one, It has a Bible on the cover"

"It says you have Bibles on the side of your 3 wheeler?"

JW: "....Err... How about this one "

"I would like to read the Bible for now, Not a book about the Bible,Hey! where are you go...."

3 Wheeler screeches away in a scene not disimilar to a Jason Bourne car chase.

• Perry
    Perry

(raises hand)

"Jahovah"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit