• LittleToe
    LittleToe

IP_SEC:
    Try Panentheism as a third way

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Greendawn:
    That's an old JW Jedi mind-trick.

The actual question is not of superiority but of inheritance. The oldest son inherited (all, in the case of an only-child), sometimes in the lifetime of the parent.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    IP_SEC:

Try Panentheism as a third way

Dadgum you littletoe and your superior firepower!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL @ IP_SEC

Now ya know how I feel around our unholy Trinity of Leo, Nark, and Pete

Darn those guys are well read!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

LT and IP SEC, I know that there is a metaphor here and I agree that the inheritence issue is part of it, but still, that a father exists before the son and at some point causes him to exist is also part of the father/son metaphor. Otherwise it becomes very misleading.

They could have chosen something else, some other non ambiguous metaphor to describe the trinatarian concept, if that is the correct one, or they could at least clarify where this metaphor ends. No such clarification were ever given, why?

BTW the JWs did not originate the non trinity concept of God.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A metaphor is only of any use in its intended application.

Do you honestly believe that the Apostles were attempting to convey the idea of a Trinity, in instances where the Father-Son relationship is used?

Surely on that score they are far more plain, in describing the "Son" as one who has the power of life and death, is a creator, etc., that he has the very powers of God Himself?

IMHO the Trinity doctrine is irrelevant to what they were attempting to convey. Thewere soley concentrating on this new manifestation of God, in Christ (albeit the themes had been around for millenia).

• gumby
    gumby

What a joke. Nobody can agree whether Jesus is god or not. Millions and millions have debated and argued for centuries.....and no agreement on who Jesus is, whether he began or not, whether he was god..etc. Was it really that difficult for Jesus to fill his boys in on his identity? Does he like little mind games to make ones wonder?

Suppose it was you who came to the earth and wanted others to know exactly who you were....god or his seperate son. How long would it take you to explain?

I woulda said something like this." I am not the father....he's my dad. He was here before I was cuz he made me. Down the road, people are gonna confuse who I am and argue as to my identity, so I'm telling you now, don't ever worship me, worship my dad and pray to my dad. He's using me to save everyone and is going to have you honor me also....so it's ok to honor me, but don't worship me."

Sounds kinda frickin easy don't it? I can do it, you can do it... so coulda he....but he didn't.

The sad thing is, Jesus knows everything if he's god or godlike...and he KNEW this problem would happen, yet he still did nothing to make sure people wouldn't get confused.

Gumby

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Jesus is the beginning and the end, he does not have a B E G GI N I N G

blessedstar

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Suppose it was you who came to the earth and wanted others to know exactly who you were....god or his seperate son. How long would it take you to explain?

You're making a huge assumption about what you might or might not want to reveal.

If I were a famous rock star I might want people to love me for who I am, rather than the image. Further, if I went around telling folks that I was all that, wouldn't they think I was a little up myself??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit