Did Jesus have a BEGGINING?

by gumby 58 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Awe damn, gumster, I thought this was gonna be a baseball joke.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Looks like Six hit a homerun

LT, of the "mixing his ball-games" class

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Shit Gumby - tricked me again with a stale link (I thought it seemed a familiar read

I should have recognised it as an old thread ..

alt

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

1 John 4:8 identifies God as love. Was there ever a time that God was not love? To love necessitates an object, does it not? Otherwise God would have loved only Himself. And, isn't this narcissim? If Jesus had a beginning would mean that love had a beginning. Did it?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Correct me if i'm mad but according to Watchtower doctrine, in the beginning YHWH was lonely. After countless millennia Jah decided to create a reflection of himself. A flawless creature that would give him love and respect him in the morning, the afternoon and evening of every light filled day.

So here we are in a bind. Humans are stuck wanting the approval of the big creator daddy in the sky while he sits up there symbiotically attached to us, his happiness and fulfillment dependant on us cranky monkeys and narcissistic apes. Being made in his image it seems was a fatal flaw – we are too in love with ourselves to give the old boy much thought let alone the love and affection he craves. If he kills us he’s rooted and if hev doesn’t he feels threatened by our independent godlike nature.

This interpretation of watchtower doctrine bought to you by a very tired monkey .. night all ..

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Here's a new twist for ya. God and Jesus both had a beginning....

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Star Moore I'm not sure if you're replying to my paragraph above or making a statement you hold to be true or replying to someone else? In my senerio above God is clearly defined as 'without begining' (so preacheth the Watchtower).

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Does he exist inside our universe? The he had a beginning when the universe sprang into existence.

Does he exist outside our universe? Then your question is irrelevant because he can have no influence or knowledge of the goings on inside our universe.

• greendawn
    greendawn

He is the beginning of God's creation, he aknowledges the Father as "my God" as Paul also does (God -the Father- is the God of our Lord Jesus)and if we look at things naturally then the son must have been brought into existence by the Father. So he had a beginning.

Why did the apostles and Jesus choose the words father and son to describe that relationship? Were they playing mind games trying to tease us with meanings other than the apparent ones?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

GD.

The world is full of metaphor.

Metaphor does not= trickery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit