Do I have PTSD. I comment on three exjw blogs almost everyday

by trujw 33 Replies latest jw friends

• trujw
    trujw

Thanks zed and no I am very normal. soccer dad and all. This is just a place to vent. My son raised normal actually says freaking cult. I raised him well.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

tru,

You're cool! Just get some therapy from someone familiar with cults. Every litte ting is gonna be alright!

zed

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I'm the same way

Yup I'm a bornin

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

My name is NJY, and I'm addicted to all things false history of theWTBTS,.. Hi NJY.

I also am feeling that I'm taking it a bit too far with my time researching the reasons that the WTBtS is false. I wake up thinking, shower thinking about it, drive thinking about it also working out mental arguments as to How I can explain this in the most efficient, easy to understaneasy to family.

I'm at the pint now where I think it is being detrimental to my own recovery.

If I keep this up, then I feel I will never be able to break free as ultimately I won't to be able to have a day, week, month go by without thinking " I was Ina cult for 45 years"

NJY

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't have an awesome memory like that, but still- I went through something a bit similar with knowing what was wrong with WTS by it's doctrines and history and practices. I had a troubled past that had not been dealt with.

My not-so-awesome memory allowed me to virtually forget most of those details after awhile. But it wasn't because of a flaw in the memory. It was because I worked it out. I was satisfied. I did go to therapy and I could make my stories just a part of my history instead of leaving them as mountains I had to daily overcome.

When you are ready, you will stop constantly referring back and stop citing from memory all that Watchtower stuff. You may hold some interest in it for all your life, but you may not. Either way, you are working through it.

I have heard claims (with no basis for believing them) that for you need a year of processing for every 4 or 5 years as a JW. While there are not any real times for that, I can see that born-in's need more, serious devout JW's need more, casual JW's need less, etc. etc.

• jam
    jam

I was told by my VA head doctor,the best way to deal with my PTSD, face your Demons. I watch the military channel and started to talk about my experience in Nam. This made it (PTSD) controllable. If not for this site, I would be a complete nut case. PTSD from Vietnam and from that damn cult. LOL

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh, someday you'll say, "the hell with it all," and you'll go off and play some golf or shoot some pool or some damn fun thing instead of spending time on the wtbts. Until then, knock yourself out! Don't second guess yourself. If it's becoming a real problem someone in your family will mention it to you.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

If you spend more time talking about Jehovah's Witnesses now than you did when you were an active Jehovah's Witness, then you might have a problem. LOL. Otherwise it's not PTSD it's just a common case of stagnicity. We all get that from time to time, especially if we are comfortable in a "rut". Honestly (personal opinion) I wouldn't go to a therapist for a specific problem. I would go (actually DO GO lol) to help manage where the problem fits into my life as a whole. With things in perspective, then it's easier to solve the "problem" specifically. In this case, my (personal) issue wouldn't be commenting on three ex-jw sites a day but rather being on the computer so much when I have so much free time to spend... living. So for me, it's not the subject of the focus but rather the stationary position that allows such focus to thrive. Mind you, that doesn't apply if you have a broken leg or a fatigue-causing illness or something. But in general that is just how I personally feel.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Your need to heal is valid, even if you don't meet the medical criteria for a diagnosis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit