The Bible and it's promise of Heaven and various other things

by confusedandalone 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

jam, in heaven the toilets never clog and each one you try has never been sat upon.

i'd also like to point out that there are also urinals in heaven, therefore all us piss drunk fellas no longer have to worry about aiming...

• jam
    jam

In other words, we are being p---- on from heaven.

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

I like this thread.

It's a scream.

• Comatose
    Comatose

The almighty god could make a knowledge of himself in us that we don't forget TEC. He didn't. Many cultures away from society lead happy regular lives in the jungle without Jesus and god never reveals himself to them.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I just got into a discussion with a young man from the Southern Baptists, he came to my door. He first asked if I read the bible, I said I did. It was kind of funny, he couldn't believe I had read the bible, but didn't believe in it, that I believed in evolution, and wasn't sure about God or Jesus. He finally gave up when I said I couldn't believe that millions of Chinese have gone to to hell, when they had never heard of Jesus. He really believed if they were earnestly searching for God, that they would be led to Christianity. Nice bit of magical thinking to cover the facts. I guess he thinks Chinese people are just naturally bad, they aren't magically drawn to Christianity, unless they immigrate to a Christian country. That is the problem with these things, you start with a belief, then try to fit the facts around the beliefs, discarding some and coming up with ridiculous explanations for the rest. I guess he thinks I am going to hell, he ended up by even giving me an invite to the church. I am not worried.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"That is the problem with these things, you start with a belief, then try to fit the facts around the beliefs, discarding some and coming up with ridiculous explanations for the rest. "

Exactly.... In the process of me waking up I realized that just billions of people were created for nothing simply because GOD chose to give Abraham the goods. All those SUb-Saharan and east and west Africans ... the Asians.... the aborigines ... the native americans... etc... but for some reason this impartial god that requires all men to be saved only gave the TRUFF to the Jews. hmmm

• tec
    tec

The almighty god could make a knowledge of himself in us that we don't forget TEC. He didn't. Many cultures away from society lead happy regular lives in the jungle without Jesus and god never reveals himself to them.

Why do you think mankind has always sought out the spiritual; creator; god(s); etc?

We are born with a knowledge and a seeking.

Perhaps not everyone. I don't know. But we are not a purely 'naturalistic' species. We are being taught to forget that; to deny that; and we are passing that on to our children. But that is what WE are doing.

Exactly.... In the process of me waking up I realized that just billions of people were created for nothing simply because GOD chose to give Abraham the goods. All those SUb-Saharan and east and west Africans ... the Asians.... the aborigines ... the native americans...

etc... but for some reason this impartial god that requires all men to be saved only gave the TRUFF to the Jews. hmmm

Except that is not really accurate. There was acknowledgement of the Most High God before Abraham, and certainly before Israel. But Abraham had the faith to hear and to obey, and a covenant was made with him, that carried to his descendants... even though the covenant now is for anyone.

But there are more than just christians (brothers of Christ) in the Kingdom. There are those who may not know Christ, but are known BY Him, because of what they do. Their names are written in his book of life. Those who did good to even the least of his brothers. All of Israel.

Peace,

tammy

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Except that is not really accurate. There was acknowledgement of the Most High God before Abraham, and certainly before Israel. But Abraham had the faith to hear and to obey, and a covenant was made with him, that carried to his descendants... even though the covenant now is for anyone.

But there are more than just christians (brothers of Christ) in the Kingdom. There are those who may not know Christ, but are known BY Him, because of what they do. Their names are written in his book of life. Those who did good to even the least of his brothers. All of Israel. "

Maybe I should not have said Abraham and just "those desert dwellers".

In regards to this brothers of Christ that are from china and the Native Americans I have no idea what bible passage states this.

However if this is true the wicked spirit fearing and worshiping Africans were Christs brothers... If that is the case then I think everyone is good regardless of whom / what they worship. This is great news

• tec
    tec

Well, it is called GOOD news for a reason, lol.

But I must have been unclear about something, so I will quickly correct that (in my reference to Christ's brothers). Though you are getting the gist. Good news; not bad news ; )

Christ's brothers (in spirit) can be of anyone, true... as all are invited... but all of these are annointed with holy spirit, and so are adopted as sons of God. These are made up of the 144000 (who are from Israel) as well as the great multitude that no one can count (because that number is not set, it is our choice), from every tribe, nation, language, etc. These ones know Christ as well as being known BY Him, and belong to Him as brothers, and He shares rulership of His Kingdom with them for a thousand years (literal number or not); keeping in mind that ruling is not the same as what man does, in lording things over fellow man.

But in addition to these, there are those who have the law of love in their hearts and so do the things required by that law, who may not know Christ, but are known BY Him; those who did any good to the least of his brothers; and also all of the rest of Israel, since all Israel is saved. These ones are also invited into the kingdom to live, prepared FOR them since the creation of the world. We can see this in the parable of the sheep and the goats, as well as in the book of Revelation, where the resurrection of the dead (and those whose names are written in the lamb's book of life from the dead; in the second resurrection), comes AFTER Christ has returned already and gathered his brothers to him in the first resurrection, those still alive and those who have died.

And unlike what the wts teaches... a man is not going to be given life, while his children are excluded and cast into the lake of fire. What person could be at peace if that happened to their loved ones? That teaching forces some witnesses to have no 'natural affection' (less love) because how can you look forward to paradise without your loved ones, unless you detach from your loved ones in some way? That teaching inspires fear, and keeps familes trapped within the organization. Yet discounting love for a moment, even in the bible we have the examples to show us that entire families are saved. Cornelius and his family. Abraham and his entire line through Isaac (maybe even through Ishmael). The entire house was safe from death if the blood of the lamb was on the doorstep, in Egypt. The blood of the lamb... equating now to Christ. Rahab saved herself AND her family, by doing good to Israel. Noah and his family. These are just examples to help people SEE, and be comforted.

Peace to you,

tammy

• rmt1
    rmt1

The coefficient of static friction is greater than the coefficient of moving friction. This means that if you have to push a couch, it takes more force to get it moving than to keep it moving. Religion (re-ligere, I bind again, or other similar etymologies; it's not perfectly determined) had a perfect role in collecting and galvanizing "just enough" tithes or tax money or able-bodies to do a thing that had a high barrier to entry, that is, had a high coefficient of static friction. Like, laying down basic economic processes of barter, debt, interest. Laying down basic law. Laying down basic knowledge of agriculture/horticulture, animal husbandry. Laying down rudiments of technology, wheels, iron tools, stone working, architecture. Laying down crafts like weaving, clothing, vessels for transportation, things that expanded the human habitat. You will be hard pressed to find a prehistoric / neolithic culture that does not have clear totems to a deity or more. These couches are all moving along now. It takes a lot of effort to sustain the motion. The motion can stop due to a number of unthinkable events. But for the most part, and in view of basic probabilities, the heavy burdens are moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit