The Bible and it's promise of Heaven and various other things

by confusedandalone 62 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

The point remains that you are saying GOD is incapable of telling a human how to describe heaven to another human in a way that makes sense

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I don't know if anyone else has pondered on this.

If there is a heaven...a reward for pleasing God, being counted worthy or righteous, then there must be a hell.

If there is a heaven...where one is in the presence of God, enjoying supernatural consciousness, then there must exist another place, a place where those not rewarded, not counted worthy or righteous, exist.

Hell will be no place of fiery torment, but rather, a place separate from God, with total consciousness, where the "unrighteous" experience the exact opposite of those counted worthy.

THAT is biblical justice. What you sow, you reap. Eye for an eye and all that.

However, you have to believe in God for any of this to even matter, and not just any god, but the God of the Bible.

Otherwise, it simply doesn't matter, cause when you're dead, there is nothing you can do about it anyway. It's all a big crapshoot.

• tec
    tec

Hi Glad!! I am 'glad' to hear from you, lol. I miss talking with you.

There is only one reality
    There is.
    and that sometimes fails to meet our expectations.

It does, I agree.

Sometimes the idea of more than what is seen and 'approved' (by science/scholars) is a bit too far above expectations, and so might be dismissed. (perhaps even in fear of the hope and/or joy that would come with... so as not to be disappointed, or ridiculed.)

Peace to you!!

tammy

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

SO why is the bible more important and believable then other books in regards to thrological matters?

Why did he ignore so many other peopel for so long

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

heaven is a good bed, your celebrity crush (rosario dawson), all you can eat wings and as much of your favorite vice as you can handle.

i dunno where all this 'milk and honey' talk comes from. probably the same place as the stork baby...

• jam
    jam

Will there be to toilets in Heaven???

• bohm
    bohm

Jam: dont eat the downstream honey..

• jam
    jam

bohm: That's what I was thinking, the flushing of toilets in Heaven and

good will to us here on earth. Blessings from God.

• tec
    tec

tec you keep acting as if GOD is incapable of revealing things to people in a way they can understand.

Not at all.

But people are limited in what they can or will understand.

Even Christ said to his own apostles... I have many more things to teach you, but you cannot YET bear it.

Why didn't he just make it clear from birth to everyone if he loves everyone soooo much.

Do you remember what you learned at birth?

Adults forget or even dismiss things that they 'knew' (without words) from birth.

Who needs a freaking book, why cant the info be beamed into our brain in a way we can fully understand it?

You know, people HAVE been given such experiences... but to share them with others (if they even accept them, themselves, rather than dismiss them or forget them as simply a dream)... still relies upon the language that others can understand. Such as John's revelation, or Daniel's. They described things that they saw, but did not necessarily understand. Like the 'flying scroll.' Or as Paul described, 'putting on and taking off the flesh'.

But if someone WANTS to know what something is, they CAN know... by going to the one who gave the revelation, and asking, and then listening... and understanding that there might be other things you need to learn before you can 'bear' the answer to the question that you asked.

For the love of GOD A FREAKING BOOK??? He cant preserve his name in... he can't outright tell us he has to give you riddles... he has to chop up whores and kill thousands of people instead of just demonstrating? A BOOK is the BEST he could do?

The book is not the best that God could do. That is what man wants/needs. Due to a lacking in faith in the Spirit.

We have the Spirit... if we listen, and if we don't know how, then it only takes a little faith to ask for ears to hear, and to trust that this request will be answered. Keep asking/knocking... and the door WILL be opened.

May I ask why you are so upset ( or seem upset, emotions don't always translate well over the internet) about not knowing the exact details of what the Kingdom will be like?

Life is what you will find in the Kingdom.

Peace,

tammy

• jam
    jam

tec:" I have many more things to teach you, but you cannot

YET bear it."

NLT "Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you(over 2000 years,still

waiting), but you can"t bear it now. When the spirit of truth comes (still waiting),

he will guide you into the truth (well I guess satan led me to the borg).

He will not be presenting his own ideas (how many religions in the world today),

he will tell you what he has heard ( I have heard it all, still confused).

He will tell you about the future (still waiting).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit