The Bible and it's promise of Heaven and various other things

by confusedandalone 62 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"But it would have to be purposeful. We'd have to be achieving something up there. Otherwise, what good would it be? "

What could you possibly achieve though... I mean you owuld be in heaven... with GOD... what goals could god have? Why would he have goals.

Why would he need help from others? Just wave the hand and its all good.

• designs
    designs

How thrilling to be like the angels who sing for all eternity holyholyholyholyholyholyholy

• Comatose
    Comatose

I feel the same way CandA... I used to wonder if I would just enjoy Paradise for a long time then choose to rebel or die? or if it was really forever or maybe just a long long time. I can't even understand the concept of living for a quadrillion years. Makes no sense.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

what i could never understamd/never got a clear answer about from those who believe and say they can "hear" god/christ is...

why you and not everyone?

seems to me that the typical response is that you have to want to hear, or some other response that boils down to being open or having a particular "heart condition"

that implies that i, and many others, have not earnestly sought out god...which is utter and complete bs.

these people who "hear god" were not there when i used to pour my heart out seeking answers and hoping to confirm that my sacrafices weren't in vain.

what about people risking life and limb to escape their war-torn countries? are they not "earnestly seeking out god" when they pray for safety..only to have it escape them?

how about the families seeking and praying for just a little bit of water and bread to hunger and thirst in drought and famine stricken countries?

frankly, for those who thank god after striking it rich with a lotto ticket, or those athletes who somehow believe that god is the one who blessed them with the winning run, catch, throw, whatever...if THAT is god's priorities, then god knows exactly where to stick it.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

i'll admit, even as a dub, i couldn't imagine paradise forever with no conflict. being stuck with a bunch of jws always seemed rather boring and debauchery always looked like a ton of fun.

• designs
    designs

Questions about heaven to a Believer should be straightforward- Heaven is____________

But that just doesn't happen.

• cofty
    cofty

Never expect a straight answer to a simple question from a believer.

"Theology is ignorance with wings" - Sam Harris

• tec
    tec

Questions about heaven to a Believer should be straightforward- Heaven is____________

Why should it be straightforward?

Can you straightforwardly describe a place (and by place, I mean a realm, not just Hawaii - providing you've never been to Hawaii, lol) that you have not been to, or seen, even in pictures? A place that is spiritual, over physical?

I don't subscribe to 'heaven'... but the Kingdom of God that comes down out of heaven, so that God dwells with men. But you won't get bored. Love, joy, peace... these things fill a person with energy, and well, give you the drive to DO, to live, to love. My Lord gave me His peace once, so that peace and love wash over me... and I understood that there is simply NO room in that for anger or sadness or jealousy or grudges or resentment (or boredom, lol), etc. But an abundance of that was too much for me to handle for a long period of time. Overwhelming. This 'flesh' is weak. But we will have new bodies then, spiritual bodies that are not weak. As well, all the things that you love now... music, laughing, etc... why would those end? Best of both worlds. The physical - this is a beautiful world/realm if we would respect it... and the spiritual. Moving in and out, as the angels can.

And please don't mistake serving God, with serving the wts. There is joy and peace in the former... and weariness/fear in the latter.

Peace to you!

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

And how do you know all these incredible things Tammy?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Ok why is God so mysterious... he never tells anyone anything clearly unless it is him killing someone or harming them.

Can someone describe a realm they have not been to... GOD HAS BEEN TO THESE PLACES HE CREATED THEM YET NO HOLY BOOK EXPLAINS IT.

It gets worse and worse and speaking calmly and metaphorically just makes it worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit