Satan must have directed me here

by Miss.Fit 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

As soon as you say to a JW "I saw it on the internet" that shuts them down and up go their defensive walls. They've in innoculated against the internet.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Satan is controlling the news feeds now. Beware!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

JW's and their "aposta-radars"... omg... I had an experience like yours recently... scary stuff... =S

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thank you everyone for the links.

Snare: I dont think I can be honest with her. She was shutting down. She told me that the only way she can make it through the day is by meditating on the "new order and paradise. Otherwise everything would drag her down.

She did text me last week to tell me she missed me at the meeting.

I find myself at a crossroads. I feel like I have a split personality.

I never in my life would have said I was in a cult. I would have been the first t o deny it.

But after reading and following some of the links I am having a hard time denying it.

Then when my friend said with a straight face that the deviI was directing me to those news reports to weaken me- I actually heard how wrong that sounded. She was a grown woman and she absolutly believed what she was saying.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I TTAT: I know -right! Tell me about it and we'll compare notes. Her whole additude changed. I had to watch every word i said.

I guess i thought since we went through so much together--and she knew my background she would hear me out. There was a time when she would have. I was completly taken aback when she started asking about where I found it instead of what i found.

I felt so

disconnected

from her.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think the real issue isn't whether Satan led you to find out about Candace Conti and others but why Satan was able to control the Governing Body into covering up the whole Pedophile situation well enough that no mention of it was heard among JW's themselves. The cover up was so thorough, JW's had to find out about it from outside sources.

Why does you friend have such little confidence in Jehovah's ability to protect you from Satan? Isn't Jehovah's Holy Spirit the most powerful force out there?

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Xyz: Good point.

But in order for Jeovah to protect me I need his spirit which is found at the meetings. Which why she was concerned. And if I am not following Jehovah's direction through the f&ds , then I can't expect his protection. I was warned to stay away from the internet and I didn't. So there for I exposed myself to satan and the demons.

See how that works?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/134112/1/Sixteen-Child-Sex-Abuse-Lawsuits-against-Jehovahe28099s-Witnesses-Are-Settled

Welcome to this site Miss.Fit

Ask yourself : Why would the WTB&TS enforce a gag order on the settlements of these 16 lawsuits,in other words they would only pay up if the victims shut up .

They are more worried about their perceived image, than the welfare of the victims of a crime.

smiddy

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Smiddy- I know first hand that the WT wants to keep things quiet. I had been the told that things have changed since my experience in the 70s. I was very disturbed when I read about the Conti case. I realized that nothing had changed, that the elder's main concern was protecting the Org.

• humbled
    humbled

Dear Missy,

It does make us sweat when our well programmed buttons get pushed: Jehovah's Witnesses are always to follow the direction of the loving sheperds and the Faithful slave who tell us to never talk to apostates. So a comment like your friend's will make a shiver run through you---Did Satan lead you to this site?

When I was waiting for Bethel to respond to a matter I had addressed to them and to the local elders I didn't doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses were the foremost christian outfit. I didn't read apostate literature and only discovered by accident the Ray Franz book Crisis of Conscience on the web. I only allowed myself to read reviews of it in Amazon but not the book itself. The hundreds of thank you notes Franz received intrigued and horrified me.

I say this to encourage you. It is a hard thing to really look for the truth--to not be driven by fear.

There are times when I have felt this site has been bad for me. We are vulnerable when we don't have all the answers, aren't we? That isn't because Satan has come in the door-- it is because we do have to find how to address life for ourselves and what can we know now with certainty?

I have no sense that I am "special" yet I am convinced that there is a Goodness that lives and warms the world. And there is a world of horror as well. I do not believe the JWs have it sorted out and they have no right to forbid us to look, to knock, to ask saying that Satan is waiting for us when we do.

Jesus wasn't afraid to step out of line--and we must not be afraid either.

Take care. Maeve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit