Satan must have directed me here

by Miss.Fit 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Maeve:

Thank you for your well thought out and encouraging words. I see you understand what I am going through.

I find myself rethinking everything I believe. I do not want to fall into another trap where I am blindly following someone.

How can a person trust anything once they found out everything they believed in was false? How can they ever trust themselves?

I know intellectually that Satan is not leading me.... but emotionally I still hear all the "counsel about Satan roaring like a lion".

I remember being told how happy we make Satan when we don 't follow Jehovah'S ORGANIZATION.

You are right I need to find my own truth.

I hope things are going well for you. I always enjoy your posts.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Miss Fit, you commented, " But in order for Jeovah to protect me I need his spirit which is found at the meetings." You have the JW thinking down!

I sent a link to a sister and she replied that "one body of elders did not know that he was a pedophile and messed up,... don't give up on God's organization run by imperfect men."

I've wanted to respond (but need to continue under the radar,)about how it is consistent behavior on the organizations part to treat child abuse allegations in the congregation like they are simply "sins" with the scriptural two witnesses, as opposed to the "crime" that pedophilia is.

Dan Sidlick gave a talk years ago that said, "If you are sick, go see a doctor, if you have legal problems then contact a lawyer" etc, basically saying the congregation can't do everything. So why is it when an allegation of child abuse is brought before the congregation it is not standard proceedure regardless of whether the individual states require reporting or not, just report it and let the civil authorities take care of it? I cannot explain why they are so resistant to contacting police, other than the obvious.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty warm welcome Miss.Fit!

Any organisation that uses the same reasoning as the Watchower to rationalise its mishandling and covering-up of abuse cases can proclaim itself God's "clean" representative.

Many if not all here have walked the same path of awakening you are on.

It is both rewarding and challenging to overcome cognitive dissonance.

Dealing with grief over losing something bad (a cult) can also be a mindbender.

It takes time and patience to go through the fire and come out refined and stronger.

Your life will improve over time as you leave these destructive people in the past where they belong.

Many here can testify there is hope and a better future ahead.

Greetings

Fernando

Australia

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome Miss.Fit, you are starting to think for yourself.

My abuser was eventually DF'd and then reinstated. I moved out of the area due to terrible reminders of the abuse. I knew when I heard of his behaviour after his reinstatement that he was not repentant, therefore concluded that nothing is directing the JW organisation but men, and men with a couldn't care less agenda at that.

By the way, back on topic, if satan makes you search the internet, how does he control the search engines? I'd like to know as I spend a lot of time optimising my work websites and wonder if it's futile as it's satan that decides and not Google or Bing etc.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    But in order for Jehovah to protect me I need his spirit which is found at the meetings.

Act 17:24-25 The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:"For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    It was originally on the official jw org website.

JWs are so ill- informed they don't even know what's in their own literature or on the WT website. They're certainly not going to know what's going on in the secular world (it's controlled by Satan anyway, so why bother with it?).

I've gotten the same reaction you did, Miss Fit. When you bring up a news item or even something from the WT's own literature that makes WT look bad, the first thing the JW will do is cast suspicion on YOU for finding it. It doesn't matter if the information is true, the JW will question your motives for having the audacity to use your brain.

JWs are blissfully ignorant.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Which would make more sense to your friend? Which makes more sense to you?

1) Satan directed you to a website that exposes a billion dollar Corporation's failure to protect children.

or

2) " For God himself will bring every sort of work into judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."

Ask your friend if she truly believes that Jehovah approves of the WTBTS's actions in the courtroom. If she agrees that he does not approve, ask her what she thinks God will do about it? I know it's tough to speak out because they are so closed-minded and deceived. Still, we have to try and help them.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Jake and DCMS: when you are told all your life that you are in god's org. And that his spirit is directing the elders, you have complete trust that they are following Gods directions. Then when you are told how Satan is using everything he can to mislead us and draw us away.......the first reaction is to deny and then defend.

I am sure most JWs feel pedophiles should be reported. Most do not know the standard policy is to treat it like a sin not a crime.

The only reason I knew was it happened to me. Then when I read about other cases I saw the elders had reacted the same way.

I think my friend was trying to protect her own spiritualality.

Happyatlast- I am so sorry. I can't believe he was reinstated.

I will never understand why the pedophile gets more consideration than the victim. Maybe there should be a rule that if the pedophile should show his repentance by cutting off a certain offending member. Maybe I would feel better.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Fernando: thanks for the encouragement. I followed some of the cases in Australia. I read one of the transcripts of a hearing and was blown away by the tap dancing the WT lawyer.

Data dog. I already know what her answer will be. She will say the news, the defendants , ec. has twisted the facts and that Jehovah is guiding the org. That there must be a good reason for their actions.

For my friend: option #1 would make more since because satan is a deciever and wants to draw us out. We are being tested.

For me: thank you for bringing out option #2: I am still trying to get out of the mindset that only WT has Jehovahs backing.....whatif they're don't?........my brain is hurting............recalculating..............

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

RIF: I love that scripture in Romans. Thanks for reminding me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit