I'm thinking about going back

by Corboy101 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    So, I was a happy witness by not acceptating all the teachings. Just don't talk about it to loudly - 1009

Aye there's the rub.

• Listener
    Listener

You mentioned that you have a number of non JW friends. If you become a witness you will find that this is greatly discouraged and if known, you will likely be counseled about it Watchtower 73 5/15 "To illustrate, in a congregation certain ones may fail to heed the Scriptural warning concerning worldly associations, perhaps even “dating” an unbeliever. (1 Cor. 7:39; 15:33; 2 Cor. 6:14) They may do this though counseled often regarding the matter. The elders, from the platform and otherwise, may even have emphasized the Bible’s counsel and warning against such conduct, not, however, naming the individuals involved. What then? Then, if approached and invited to share in such worldly association by a member of the congregation, the ones approached would ‘mark’ such a one as “disorderly” in this regard. They certainly would not want to associate with him in his course. In some cases, parents might find it necessary to instruct their children to restrict their association with certain young persons in the congregation who may be showing themselves “disorderly” in such ways. Elders, of course, would be careful not to use such ones in any exemplary capacity."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

No reply from Corboy ? I am a suspiscious old fart, but he could be wishing to get us to be as vitriolic as possible about the WT so as to show how "bitter" we Apostates are. A bit of a troll ??? I wonder.

Whatever, someone considering entering the JW's, or going back should consider what Problemaddict said a page or so back :

"It is like the Mafia, once in you simply cannot just walk away".

Now, that is the Truth.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

did i choose to be a witness? i think i chose to be christian and i was already a witness.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Corboy

You have to be very young , or very old with alzheimers , stupid , have a death wish , want to torment yourself for the rest of your life , have the lowest of low self esteem , or are just plain delusional ,wanting to go back to a dictatorial religion that tells you what to think , who to beleive , who to associate with , do not listen to any critiscism no matter how valid it might be , put your whole life and trust in a publishing empire that has millions of volunteer workers distributing these mags.free of charge with no compensation for their activities ,. eg.petrol wear and tear of their car insurance that they may be bitten by a dog in service or assaulted or worse ? Whats the policy of the WTB&TS ? You are not an employee of the WTB&TS you are a volunteer doing this of your own violition ,go and check your own insurance.And do we need to look at the wheeling and dealing in real estate ventures ? God , have they made a windfall their .Selling up prime real estate in New York and buying up in the outskirts,

Can you honestly see Jesus being involved in such a scheme ?

Mark my words sooner or later it will be exposed that so & so have siphoned off / embezzeled x amount of dollars from the WTB&TS.

smiddy

• Robert222
    Robert222

I really get uncomfortable when Witnesses start talking about choice because the only born-ins who exercise choice (ande a very brave choice) are those that get out. The ones who get baptized are just doing what they are programmed to do. And once they get baptized all choice ceases. It is like North Korea calling itself Democratic - often the language authoritarian regimes use is an indicator that they are the reverse - the use of 'The Truth' by the WTBS is a great example of this but 'Choice' is not too far behind.

===================

Well written! I totally agree. I was born in, and my choice was leaving. I regret not having the courage to do it a LOT younger, but my personality, initiative, everything, was destroyed...but once I finally made the choice to leave, I never looked back and will never step back into a KH.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

This thread ranks very highly among the most stupid and pathetic threads ever.

The op is an utter fool.

Jeffro
    You've only confirmed my point. If someone cares about doctrine, they - by necessity - can't just disregard the ones they don't like. If they can simply disagree with some doctrines and continue as members, then they don't really care about doctrine. And in both cases, unless they are uninformed, they don't really care about truth if they remain JWs.

No, you are missing my point. I cared much about doctrines, but I made for myself a difference between major and minor doctrines, and I did agree with the (in my eyes) important ones.

No reply from Corboy ? I am a suspiscious old fart, but he could be wishing to get us to be as vitriolic as possible about the WT so as to show how "bitter" we Apostates are.

Indeed, it was his one and only post. But you guys indeed turned up to be very bitter.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'll be interested to see if Corboy or Prime or whoever this is, actually returns.

I still don't know what their motive or objective is for this post.

• Corboy101
    Corboy101

Wow. There's a lot of angry people in here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit