I'm thinking about going back

by Corboy101 85 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Doctrine!

You will be required to believe that humans have only been around for 6000 years.

Switch you brain off and go back if it makes you happy but don't pretend you are doing it as a noble search for truth.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Corboy,

Churches teach that a person can know for sure that they have eternal life.

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that they can not know for sure that they have eternal life.

Read 1 John 5:12-13 and ask yourself who is following the Bible in this important matter and who is not.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When evaluating religions from stupid to stupider, then you'll find the WTS./JWS

set in the latter, one most always remember this religion was started by an amateur bible theologian who was a lawyer.

Add in the fact this religion's core doctrines were constructed out of flagrantly adulterated charlatanism as a religious

publishing house and you have an infusion of corruption that stands out on its own.

• Corboy101
    Corboy101

Thanks all. I appreciate the input. Just to clear up a couple of things :

1. This has nothing to do with wanting or needing "friends". I have plenty of friends. My best friends are not religious at all. Some of my best friends in the past were, but they were the one's that cut and ran when I needed them most. Every once in a while you meet genuine friends and it should have nothing to do with religion.

B. YesI have a problem with the "leaders". But they are no different then any other leaders. The difference is the GB shows no integrity st all. In 84 they said they "may" have misinterpreted 1975. "May have"? That's not an addition. So yes that and many other things I have problems with. My issues are things like:I believe in the Bible. Which Bible? I believe Jesus died for me. Which Jesus? I believe in salvation through him. What salvation? This is why I study. Alot!!!

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Corboy101 if is doctrine that matters to You, please see this site:

http://4witness.org/

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Corby101 what made me leave (fade) this religion was exactly the doctrine. For example, for me is worse the watchtower's doctrine that You don't have a mediator (Jesus), than believe in a professed pagan belief (Trinity or the immortal soul).

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I will assume that something has changed in your life.

Your now are in middle age. Perhaps you find yourself divorced or are raising teenagers. Do you have concerns about or a fear of the future? Do you carry guilt over past wrongdoing or 'sins'?

Are your parent(s) still active in the 'truth'? And are they now aging (in their 70's) and you want to be connected to them on a religious level before their demise? Is your need to return based on pleasing others or yourself?

Have the Witnesses in your family quietly excluded you from many gatherings over the years because you're not 'active'? Is the direction of your professional career at a standstill or are you working a job that is unfulfilling?

Please consider and respond...

ginger

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Corboy...Wow, people are really piling on to this topic. I will be brief.

Doctrine only. Here is what worked for me while I was an active JW. I read the "New Testament" through starting with the book of John and ending with Luke. There is nothing like getting a straight story, right? I was surprised with what I came away with.

I was more than surprised, I was mildly shocked. So I read the whole thing again. Yes, the whole NT again, to be sure. It took about 2 months altogether. I was an elder and a JW for 32 years. Reading the NT by itself broke me of that bad habit. I will never go back.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you were a dub before, then no doubt you were taught that the Watchtower predicted the last days would start in 1914, which is amazing, because World War I started, and other signs like earthquakes increasing proves they were right. This is a core belief of the JWs, but in fact old Charlie Russel thought the end started in 1897, and that Armageddon would come in 1914. They then predicted the end a few more times, then said it would come in 1975, which of course, it didn't. And actually, earthquakes are not increasing, and the other signs that "prove" we are in n the last days are not so right either.

I don't know about you, but I could never be a part of an organization that lied about something this major. This is not a mistake, this is a fundamental belief that they know is a lie. I converted in 1968, at 13. I studied out if the infamous blue "truth" book. I believed the lies printed there, and of course I had no way to research if these things were factual. Fortunately, today we have the internet, and you can look these things up yourself. Spoiler alert, the JW archive has been cleansed of the parts of publications that shows what happened, but there are plenty of other resources on the internet where you can find Watchtower publications that have not been fixed. Of course, if that doesn't matter to you, it's your choice, just make sure you go back with eyes wide open.

• designs
    designs

Corboy- Why the continued interest and belief in the Bible and its particular world view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit