I'm thinking about going back

by Corboy101 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"I am only interested in Doctrine".

Not one of the unique doctrines of the JW religion is supportable from scripture, not one. Waste your time no further my friend, they have nothing to offer, except "Blood, Sweat and Tears". (thank you Winnie).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What about God's name and identity and the ultimate destiny of mankind?

• Freedom4all
    Freedom4all

Corboy, you don't have to study doctrine.

Just ask them to prove that the 'slave' was appointed in 1919.
    If you find the prove, let me know....., in that case I will run back to the congregation....I will be thankful forever.

If they can't prove their appointment then their doctrine is not worth studying.
    Then it's just the word of man.

If they can prove it, I don't need to study their doctrine.....I will accept everything they say....they are the mouthpiece of Jezus.

This will save you a lot of time.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Corboy101 - There’s a whole lot to the reasons why I left, but I left. I married a non believer and subsequently got involved in Christian churches, even to the point of converting, being baptized and becoming a layman. Now I’m thinking about coming back. I've wondered if what I thought I knew was really what they teach so I accepted a study.

Welcome Corboy101, What religion have you belonged to for the last few years? Why have you started to feel that your current religion is not satisfying your desire to focus on doctrine? Why do you want to stop following the doctrines of Jesus Christ that are written in the Bible and instead follow the WTBTS's doctrines that are written in its propaganda? What were the reasons that you left the WTBTS? Do you realize that the WTBTS has a doctrine of "New Light"?

Since the WTBTS has a doctrine of "New Light", many things that you were taught in the 1980's is now considered "Old LIght" and therefore if you were to believe in the "Old Light" you would be considered an "Apostate" if you did not blindly follow the "New Light". If you want to return to the WTBTS, I hope that you first resolve your confusion. I recommend that you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his website www.freedomofmind.com, and/or watch his videos.

If you don't have the time to read Steve Hassan's books, you owe it to your family to at least watch the following two videos to understand how powerful BITE control really is: " Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003) " and " Steve Hassan at NYC Ethical Culture Society February 2013 . Your decisoin to return to the WTBTTS will also impact your family.

Best of wishes of critically thinking for yourself - something that the WTBTS does not encourage.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Mum
    Mum

They have a "doctrine" that there must be two witnesses before an abused/molested child can be believed. But anything else can be "proved" by rumor and gossip, innuendo, or just being disliked by the wrong person. For example, see label licker's post about her JC.

Get real! Personally, I choose to be free and happy.

Good luck with your decision. Write down the pros and cons, then list them on this board. I'd be curious to see what you come up with.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Bye corboy101, it's gonna suck over there- promise.

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

Corboy101,

The mere fact that this organization could have sufficiently changed in only 22 years so as to warrant renewed interest is, in itself, a condemnation.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Welcome Corboy101. You said that you were interested primarily in doctrine taught by the Watchtower Society. I'm surprised no one mentioned jwfacts.com yet. It offers astute and fair analysis of the many doctrines unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.jwfacts.com/

My goodness, what a bunch of negativity. One of you ever refers to a book called ' Freedom of Mind'. Corboy101 too has the freedom to choose whatever religion he wants, and he apparently DID see some of them. So if he wants to go back: let him go back! Without any judgment on your part. Even on this board h ate-speech and i nciting hatred on the basis of religion are forbidden.

I have totally lost my faith in God. But I agree with Corboy10 that he should primarily focus on doctrines, because all people make mistakes. In my opinion most JW are just dumb, passive followers, incapable to study the Bible themselves. But all the JW I knew (even if I did not like some (most?) of them), were sincere.

I still think the JW are right involving doctrines like f.e. the trinity, the mortality of the soul and pagan holidays. Whether Paul was a tentmaker or not, whether christians should use a Metonic cycle to calculate the date of the Memorial... for me those are minor details. During my years as an active JW I found many of those minors points in which I disagreed with the WTG. I didn't care. And I loved discussing them with some elders who had a similar attitude. But some other doctrines are more important, and it is up to Corboy10 to take a position in those.

So my advice to Corboy10: make a list with doctrines. Which doctrines are (according to you!) important, and which less important? With which doctrines do you agree, and with which do you disagree? If there are any important doctrines with which you do not agree: can you subject yourself to the authority of those who take the lead ? As long as you can, you should go for it.

Corboy10, I wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I'm thinking about going back

Okay. Not sure why you're telling people who have left and are never going back. Do you want us to talk you out of it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit