Would YOU force blood on a Witness?

by stillin 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

I wouldn't force any medical treatment on anyone who has indicated they don't want it.

jws are not the only ones with specific ideas.

Christian Scientists

People who don't want limbs severed.

People who don't want vaccinations for themselves or their children.

Anyway, unless you are a judge, legally you have no authority.

• Giordano
    Giordano

As a medical practitioner you have to follow the patients instructions or risk a serious law suit.

Being in a mixed marriage I would order the blood if I could.......... say in a trauma issue. She's out cold and bleeding out. But if she is in control of her wits then I would have to suffer the consequences if she did not want blood. Thankfully my wife and I are both out. It was in fact one of the reasons we got out of the idiot religion.

I would have to count on the courts timely decision to allow blood for a minor.

Going back to that mixed marriage issue now with children I would override my mate's decision to withhold blood from our child.

The time to make your feelings known is before there is an accident or serious injury.

For me this always comes back to Jonestown except the JW's are responsible for ten's of thousands of deaths. If any of you lurker's don't know what happened at Jonestown please Google it.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

No! But your case if I recall you were worried about your wife in case of an emergency giving birth.

• stillin
    stillin

Sarahsmile: no more babies coming my way, unless they're grandchildren. ;)

my story is an accident that a witness relative was in. All of her docs were in order, her unbelieving husband had promised her that he would respect her wishes if anything ever happened. He did just that, maybe more so than many witnesses because he wasn't tied down by any desire to be polite. The hospital forced blood on her almost gleefully. She lived and most of the unbelievers in the family feel that it saved her life. She feels as though she has been raped even now, years later. I can see that.

The hydrophobia thing is an interesting analogy but rather an extreme comparison, since the witnesses actually have some reasoning behind their stance, as well as some legitimate concerns, medically.

• kjg132
    kjg132

If I had the opportunity I would make sure they or their decision making family knew all the facts about their own doctrine. Its strange but there was over a year where my husband "woke-up" and I hadn't and I despised all his newfound information (including seeing him openly hang out on this sight!) feeling that he was being decieved and misguided. One of his major issues was the "blood issue" and while I was very angry and upset at him for abandoning this doctrine on the outside, I was internally relieved knowing that I would never have to make a stand for this issue regarding our children. You would have never known it from my external reaction...the mind-grip is amazing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is not a difficult moral issue at all for me. I believe in assisted suicide for terminal disease with pain.

I believe in peoples' right to choose to accept or refuse treatment.

However, when a dangerous mind-control cult tells people that God insists upon abstaining from life-saving treatments, I have no problem with forcing it upon them. No, I would not do that without a court order if I had the opportunity to do it to a stranger in a hospital. Well..... Maybe a child (a tool of the doctrine).

But I too, would sign the papers for my wife (or another loved one) and give them life rather than death. I love my wife enough to save her life, even if that means she will hate me for it and divorce me.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I was a long time elder and stood by as many friends have let their loved ones die due to the stupid and ever changing "no blood" JW doctrine. I remember reciting the offencive jw babble to greiving brothers and sisters about how happy that they made jehovah because they remained STRONG!

We have friends whose grandchild was recently 'taken' by the court and "forced" to receive a blood transfusion , which everyone involved KNEW saved the child's life.The jw parents were totally relieved and sooooo very happy that their child did not die and they did not have to be his 'executioner". Our friends, the JW grand parents were also very relieved and have commented many times that the child would have died with out the transfusion. I often think how I would have TRULY reacted if one of my children would have faced such a situation. I know how I would react now if it involved any of my loved ones.

Should dubs be happy for our friends that they have a healthy living child or sad that the court "forced" blood on their child? Should dubs look at the family, that is happy, and think that they should have fought harder to prevent having blood "forced" on their child? Will this child grow up knowing that they should have died but for having a" god dishonoring" blood transfusion "forced" on them? Will they have to live with knowing that they were 'violated'? How do you tell dubs that just maybe it was jehovah's will that this child lived?

I have avery dear friend whose whole family of dubs looke on as his oldest son died of a plastic anemia when the only possibility to save him was a transfusion. This was during the 2000 "adjustment" period on the JW blood doctrine and fractions were now allowed. We discussed it later and I tried to comfort him with the typical jw crap. My friend never recovered from the death of his oldest son. years later as he drank more and more, he always brought up the topic of how his son died. This fine brother and friend shot himself. Sort of a 2 for 1 death by loyalty to the blood doctrine. Both are Jehovah's memory, according to the jw funeral/memorial talk for being obedient? Thankfully many are waking up to the danger of this organization.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

wow wow. Just WOW.

thank you eyeuse2bedub

I couldn't even read all that.

Thank you for that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I decided some time ago that if my JW husband were incapacitated, I would stay quiet about his blood stance until after the blood transfusion. If he's conscious and under his own power, he can go ahead and refuse.

• stillin
    stillin

Eyeusedtobeadub: heavy, very heavy. I remember the 20-something's who were reaching out for greater responsibilities(tm) reciting the canned replies to unbelievably difficult personal situations with so much self-assurance. It's heart wrenching to realize how far off the mark of true humanity that some of these elders are.

i'm sorry for your loss. But thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit