Would YOU force blood on a Witness?

by stillin 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stillin
    stillin

I was recently chastised here for saying that I respected my wife's steadfast loyalty to her God. What about you? Suppose you were a medical assistant and your Doctor/supervisor told you to hang blood on a witness patient?

Zero respect?

• cofty
    cofty

I believe an adult has the right to make bad choices about their own treatment.

In the case of a minor I would not hesitate to administer blood by force if necessary.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

NO, nor would I try to dislodge a JW from their beliefs - to each their own.

But I might do the blood thing with my wife and of course would for minors.

• cofty
    cofty
    nor would I try to dislodge a JW from their beliefs

Wow. I'm stunned.

• stillin
    stillin

I feel the same way as UnConfused about that. They get something from their beliefs. I didn't get it. Why should I rain on their parade?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

stillin:

I feel the same way as UnConfused about that. They get something from their beliefs. I didn't get it. Why should I rain on their parade?

It would be fine if they got something from it and didn't bother anyone else. But it is a requirement of their religion that they attempt to convince others of their fraudulent beliefs. That is a good reason to 'rain on their parade'.

But as to the topic of the thread, medical personnel administering a blood transfusion isn't forcing beliefs on anyone, even the treatment might in some circumstances be forced. The legality of such action would be a matter for the courts, but in a life-or-death situation, that could be handled post facto.

• cofty
    cofty

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

JWs are captives of a high-control cult.

The things they believe are damaging. For a new mother to choose to die rather accept blood is only possible because they have been taught lies and are kept from accessing facts that would be harmful to their delusions.

I would not attempt to deconvert an elderly JW who had been in for many decades however.

• carla
    carla

I'll put it this way, if me & my jw got into some horrible accident I will hope that I have the presence of mind to toss his wallet far away. I will not honor his no blood stance because look at many here! they were once card carrying true believers and yet they have left this ungodly man made cult. Who is to say our jw's will not leave one day. If you allow them to die they wouldn't get that chance.

I think there are studies done about jw's and blood. If a jw is given a chance to accept blood without elders & others knowing 9 times out of 10 they will accept it.

If they accept the fractions, cows blood, etc.... in my mind they already have reservations about the blood issue.

To be fair I would accept other decisions my jw has made re: end of life, quality of life issues.What about my wishes you ask? I already have people in place who will sign papers accepting blood to save my life so my jw can keep his hands clean, not his conscience, but his wt approved hands at any rate. I shudder to think of those who allowed loved ones to die only to find out the whole blood issue is completely man made decisions in NY, USA by ungodly men subject to change at a moments notice (or should I say in the next issue).

I am lucky, we have no jw relatives, don't really know anybody from the k-hell so all relatives are on board about this issue for our terriblly misguided man we love.

We would do all we could to make sure he got the care needed. We would rather he be alive to be mad at us than dead.

• carla
    carla

I should also add that the jw crazy blood stance will not allow ME to compromise MY conscience and kill my loved one.

jw's alway worry about THEIR conscience but never consider others having to live with theirs.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

COFTY YOU ARE VERY WISE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit