Another new book: Jehovah's Witnesses - AN EXPOSE, written by a former elder and retired veteran United Airlines pilot

by AndersonsInfo 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• Scott77
    Scott77

Oubliette,

I think, you might better read the entire book first then from there, provide a concise a critical review of issues as presented. Not every first time novice book writers are perfect. Probably, you are doing Captain Staelens Sr. a favor through pointing out some of identified inconsistencies. An updated edition might address these, just a thought.

Scott77

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Let's see, does Captain Jim Staelens qualify to write an expose on the WT?

'From 1957 until 2006, I served in every position of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses and also helped teach several schools for congregation elders and others. I served on judicial committees, was the assembly overseer for circuit assemblies, and was the program overseer for a district convention. I have lectured to tens of thousands of people at many large Witness district conventions....'

Captain or no Captain, that's quite a resume! I would say he qualifies.

Thank you Barbara

• barry
    barry

From 1966 to 191 is 25 years flying with United. He is just highlighting his Flying experience and he isnt even saying he was captain for 25 years. His total experience is nearly 50 years and most pilots as said before are involved in training to get hours up I know some who did glider towing to get free hours and after 1991 maybe he was just a private pilot. Barry

• barry
    barry

From 1966 to 191 is 25 years flying with United. He is just highlighting his Flying experience and he isnt even saying he was captain for 25 years. His total experience is nearly 50 years and most pilots as said before are involved in training to get hours up I know some who did glider towing to get free hours and after 1991 maybe he was just a private pilot. Barry

• barry
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Painted toe nail. wow, must be hard for you.

Maybe he saw the light and repented.

• L3G
    L3G

Right on slimboyfat! This thing reeks of egotism...

One could have predicted the sort of comments provided by PaintedToeNail (and thank you for them!). This sort of "exposé" will likely do more harm than good to those who can think critically. It is the same as protesting at a district convention, that is, play right into the hands of the borg leaders. They will say, "Look at what an egotistical hack this guy is." And they will be right!

One need not provide all the hype in a feeble attempt to add credibility. Letting the fact just speak for themselves is all that's needed. Doing more will just backfire.

• Scott77
    Scott77

L3G, slimboyfat

PaintedToeNail,

Cannot we appreciate the fact that this guy has come out or seen the TTATT? Not how he come out, what 'brags', those years as a pilot pale into insignificance compared to the length and level of services within the Watchtower Organisation. What he did while within the organisation may be consistent with the unpleasant Watchtower standard. When a guy of this previous Watchtower-assigned status finally learns the TTATT, it become something of a cerebration for all of us.

Scott77

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Hey, let's get back on point, get off the Captain and flying thing, he did have serious responsibilities in the BORG, and he is no dummy to acheive the things he has done. I want to read his experience!

'From 1957 until 2006, I served in every position of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses and also helped teach several schools for congregation elders and others. I served on judicial committees, was the assembly overseer for circuit assemblies, and was the program overseer for a district convention. I have lectured to tens of thousands of people at many large Witness district conventions....'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit