Another new book: Jehovah's Witnesses - AN EXPOSE, written by a former elder and retired veteran United Airlines pilot

by AndersonsInfo 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

You have my deepest sympathy. So sorry for your loss.

• chipanddale
    chipanddale

thank you all for your kind thoughts. I'll elaborate more as time goes by; and I'm so glad Jim got to apologize to you,PaintedToeNail, before time ran out to do so He was an incredible man though by no means perfect; through all our many ups and downs, we finally learned how to communicate and made a strong and loving team; i'll miss him more than words can say!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

chipanddale, I'm sorry for your loss.

Your expression show how much you loved your husband. What you had was a beautiful thing.

I really appreciated your comment that you two "finally learned how to communicate and made a strong and loving team."

What changed?

Oubliette

• MissFit
    MissFit

Dale, I just wanted you to know that I was inspired by Jim's posts. His humility in admitting he made mistakes and willingness to make amends touched me deeply.

I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend and love of your life.

You are in my thoughts.

Miss.Fit

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Dale, I am so sorry for your loss. It has to be so difficult after spending more than 50 years together. I started reading Jim's book but haven't finished it. I was looking back on your posts and it is unfortunate that he didn't get to post much because we would have enjoyed hearing more from him. My thoughts are with you. Hugs!

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thinking of you.

• chipanddale
    chipanddale

Good Morning to all and once again thanks for your moral support at this very dissicult time for me and my family. I have Parkinsons disease which makes it difficult to type as my hands are stiff much of the time thus I pick the days that are better ones to write a few notes.

What changed in our communication? We learned to listen to what was really being said and respect the right to have differing viewpoints-even religiously;his stance in those areas as has been mentioned are out front for the whole world to see. he put his heart and soul into his book to try and help others see they also could exercise the God given right to freedom of choice by reading what they choose to even when it may differ from that of someone elses. We didn't agree on all choices we nidividually made,but we learned to give each one our dignity and love unconditionally.I'm glad he got to accomplish his goal and hope others will be helped by his vigorous and courages presentation.

Thank you

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

chipanddale: We didn't agree on all choices we nidividually made,but we learned to give each one our dignity and love unconditionally.

That is beautiful and an excellent example for all couples to follow.

Thanks for sharing!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Dale, I am glad you both found a voice in your marriage and beliefs, and that you were happy together. Being a JW was hard on all of us. So sorry to learn of your Parkinsons diagnosis. So difficult. I am wishing you the very best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit