Whiskey with Cigars

by confusedandalone 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The better the single malt, the more the reason to NOT have it with a cigar.

I'd suggest Courvoisier cognac. Make sure you warm the glasses first:

warm the glasses first

But if you must have whiskey, Laphroaig is nice an peaty.

My favorite cigars are Rocky Patel Edge Lite torpedos. They're full flavored but, not too strong. I like the torpedo shape because I can cut the end just how I like it.

I also like the Macanudo Hampton Courts.

Enjoy!

• xchange
    xchange

Hennessy XO is my go to libation of choice with a cigar.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Now I oooooolove a single malt !!!!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Woodford Reserve or Glenfidich 15 year is a good single malt, not too bad on the wallet and fantastic taste!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Johnnie Walker Blue.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Macallen! Do not be swayed. Its an easy drinker, very smooth, and is multipurpose.

Brandy is all good. I won't say anything bad if its the right one.

But man......I keep a bottle or two of the stuff at all times in the bar, for when the right guest comes over.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I was drinking a good single malt at a Bnai Brith Charity cocktail party tickets to the party were$500.00 paid for by the company I work for. Drinks were free I kind a made pig of myself at the scotch bar. As I recall the scotch was called TSoro very very good scotch.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

thats like asking what cheese to eat with wine

we need more information! what KIND of cigars do you smoke? cornerstore cheapies? Cuban hand rolled? big fat spicey cigars? small narrow sweet cigars?

Whiskey can range from smokey and peppery to mild and citrus tasting.

I prefer a 6x52 with Glenfiddich on the rocks with a splash of cold water. if your sucking on 7x49's you might need more flavor in your whiskey (ahem... scotch) to keep up with all the spice of the cigar.

if you prefer small, sweet cigars then you might want a nice whiskey blend ... say Forty Creek or Weisers Deluxe with water to allow the sweetness of the cigar to not get drowned out.

Someone else said Macallen, its a great scotch but I'd stay away from the single malt's until you get a taste for it, they are delicious but have A LOT of flavours and might be a bit too much at first.

I dunno....... I'm just a putz anyway

oh one more thing........... DO NOT put coca-cola on the table!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

lovin this thread (puff puff blowwww)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I can't tell you what goes with a cigar, but I can tell you that Macallan 18yr is perhaps one of the most delightful liquids to ever touch my palate.

Exquisite.

Expensive $$$$$$$

PROBLEMADDICT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit