Former Unbaptized Publisher, New Here

by GloomySunday 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome GloomySunday!

Great news that you avoided their snare and racket, and are now feeling much freer and happier.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Welcome Gloomy Sunday! I was born and raised a JW by a very unwavering family. I left five years ago when I was 32. I had two kids and a minimal support system, at best. The odds were against me, but it's been the best decision ever! Best of luck!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

As a witness or associating with them, you were playing the short game. Armageddon is coming..... no need to get your teeth fixed or get a good education. In the 1960's I was helping a brother paint his house, he didn't want to bother with a second coat since the big A was right around the corner.

Now your in the long game so you need some sort of extra education, a good career, investments and of course social contacts. It's all about the long game now. You play the long game to win.

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@rmt1

LOL

@nugget

Yeah, you basically put your life on hold for the "new system".

@Nosferatu

Yep, funny how the WT brags about themselves being the only "loving religion".

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@Fernando

Oh yeah, it's this weight off of your shoulders feeling, I tell ya.

@vikesgirl101

It's sad how people get stuck in it for so long... I'm glad you made it out with your life.

@Giordano

Wow, so this short-sightedness just goes on forever with them. I like to say that time is the WT's worst enemy.

• Badfish
    Badfish

Welcome gloomy. Your story sounds similar to mine. I was also raised in a JW family but never got baptized. I became an unbaptized publisher around the age of 5 and was removed at age 17 for "loose conduct" for growing a goatee and then refusing to meet with the elders about my facial hair. It's taken many years to finally truly realize that it is a cult and the majority of my upbringing was based on lies.

Glad to see you here.

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@Badfish

Their rules are just so insane. My Father would always say that he'd never join because then he'd have to shave the beard he's had for years, but that was just a joke of his.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit