Former Unbaptized Publisher, New Here

by GloomySunday 46 Replies latest jw friends

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@Vidqun

Yeah, I do plan on going to college!

They only don't want people to go there because it gives people critical thinking skills, plus they might start believing in things like evolution.

• laverite
    laverite

Welcome. It's not easy. But focus on your education and your future. You can do this.

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks! I'm glad to be here!

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@laverite

Thanks. I think that's the best thing to do. I'm trying to get a job, and get some college going, perhaps.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello, GloomySunday!

I bet your Sundays are going to be a lot less gloomy! :-) You have come to the right place, the info on this forum is plentiful and helpful and many comments are so intensely wise. Sometimes I holler out loud at the computer, OH YEAH!!!

I'm an old person living in the southern U.S., i lost 30 years in the WT corporation as a baptized publisher. I was so unhappy but I thought it was just because i wasn't a good enough Witness.

A few different things happened that got me woke up and deciding to leave but when I began to realize that it is a CULT i was in, and that I had been subjected to intense mind control, and read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, then the break was final.

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@lown Mylife

Hey lown Mylife, I do hope so! They seem a lot less gloomy.

Boy... that is unfortunate... I'm really sorry they did that. It's a real waste of a human life. Glad you're out, though! And yeah, I thought the same thing! I thought I was just a bad person.

I never really knew the definition of a cult back then, but now I do. I really need to read that book. I want to find it, but I can't let my JW relatives find it, so I'll have to keep it under my bed or something.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome GloomySunday, I wish you the best in going to college and having a good career.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A very warm welcome Gloomy Sunday.

Well done for coming here before getting dunked.

You have saved yourself a lifetime of pain and can live life free from their ridiculous restrictions.

• GloomySunday
    GloomySunday

@ABible Student

Thanks!

@Amelia Ashton

Yeah, I'm glad. Thanks!

I figured as much, really. Their restrictions are INSANE.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Almost 30 years of Sunday morning sleeping in here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit